Chapter 49: First Day

Shivaay opened his eyes. He yawned lazily and a huge smile captured his face at the thought of his status. His marital status. He was no longer single or engaged. He was married. Married to a girl he ever loved. He moved his hands towards her side, in attempt of catch her hand but all he felt was soft pillows and sheets. His eyes travelled around the room in order to look for her. She was no where to be seen.

He glanced at the clock hanging on the wall right in front of him. It was eight in the morning. Wait, his wife was a sleepy heady, wasn't she? So how come she was able to wake before him. He got up from the and wore his slippers and walked to the closet room which was attached to the bathroom. He entered inside and found the area empty. He knocked on the washroom door, "Annika?". He heard no reply and got convinced that she was not there. She must have left to the family. He went to his closet almirah. Before he could open the door, he found a sticky stick stuck it. He plucked it. It read, 'Good Morning  Babe. I am outside with family. Have already kept your cloths ready. Get ready. Love you'. He smiled and roamed his eyes around the closet area. His suit was already kept on the table. He picked his cloths and walked in to take a shower.

*****

After the shower and getting ready, Shivaay walked to his room and at the same time, he saw Annika entering inside with a mug in her hands.

She smiled to him and kept the mug on the drawer, "Good Morning", she went forward to kiss him.

He kissed him back before pulling apart, lopping his hands around her waist, "How come my sleepy head woke earlier?"

"It takes time to adjust to new place", she told. 

He looked at her up and down. She was looking beautiful in pink saree. Her hairdo perfect in long waves, "You look beautiful"

She smiled profusely, "Tell me something I don't know", she smirked, "I made coffee for you", she told and went to grab the mug which she had earlier kept on the table.

He gulped. Cooking? Annika? He tried to not sound rude, "Annika, I usually make my coffee myself"

She laughed and understood his confusion. She passed the cup to him, "Trust me on this Shivaay. I might be a terrible cook but honestly, everyone loves the coffee which I make", she told confidently.

He took the cup and checked it's aroma, "But this is Americano"

She huffed, "I haven't told you this before but Papa also like it. I make it for his usually. Without sugar. Try it", she insisted.

He was gaining some amount of confidence in her words. He nodded and brought the mug closer to his lips. He took a sip. To his surprise, it was great. Well, more great than the coffee which he used to make for himself, "It's...it's wonderful"

She smiled, "Told ya", she said proudly, "We have the family waiting for us".

*****

The newly married couple walked into their family talking and laughing, discussing things about the reception party supposed to be held tonight. While they sat with their siblings, talking them about the ceremonies to be held further, Dadi said, "Annika Puttar, today is your first day in this house after marriage. So, we need to do the cooking ritual"

While Annika smiled, Shivaay's eyes turned wide. He couldn't afford his family eating the food made by his wife. Moreover, he didn't wanted her to get embarrassed, "Dadi...Dadi, we have a lot of servants in the house already. Why she needs to cook?"