Chapter 53: Sad Shivaay

One Month Since Marriage

It's been a month since Shivaay and Annika have returned from Venice. The month as been great. But the thing which usually came in between them was Annika's busy schedule.

She had started her job a month back and being new there, her schedule was tightly packed. She was on the senior engineer post in her office. Being senior and that too a month old in the office didn't allowed her to say no to her responsibilities.

Sometimes, she used to juggle between home and office. And ina day off, she used to grind up between Oberoi Mansion and Goenka Mansion. She loved both the families and wanted to spend time with them but most importantly, she wanted to be with Shivaay.

She was in her office cabin when she heard a knock on her glass door, "Come in", she looked up from her laptop screen to pay attention to the visitor.

It was her assistant Vidhi. She was smart girl with a sharp mind. She was sweet and more close to Annika personally, "Ma'am, a bad news", she herself appeared sad.

Annika sighed, "Now what?".

"You won't be having dinner with Shivaay sir even today. The interns what you to guide them for the presentation tomorrow", she broke the news.

Annika hits her head with her palms. Not another time. It's been a whole week since she and Shivaay had dinner or lunch together, "Can some other one do it?", she asked. She loved guiding and nurturing the new interns. They were fresh and new souls in the industry. But today, she definitely didn't wanted to.

"They have requested a lot. Like literally all of them", Vidhi said.

"Fine. Collect them in the presentation room. I'll show up in a while", she said.

Vidhi left the cabin.

Now it was on Annika. She needed to break the news to Shivaay. She had promised to manage dinner with him. But now, she needs to break the promise. She was feeling terrible.

She unlocked her phone. The screen saver held a picture of her and Shivaay from the gondola ride in Venice. She smiled but she needs to call too. She dialed his number, 'Bagad Billa'. She was nervous and anticipated.

"Hey? Annika, have you left the office?", he answered. His voice was cool and he sounded excited.

"Shivaay, umm, no, I haven't", she uttered with nervousness bubbling like volcano.

"Why?", his voice now modulated. It appeared a tinch of anger mixed with frown and disappointment.

"I need to go for the presentation with the interns. It came up at last moment", she informed.

"Great", he disconnected the call instantly.

"Shiva---", no use. Long gone. God, why the hell is her life so messed and fucked up. She tried to call him again but he didn't answer.

She heard a knock again. Vidhi came inside again, "Ma'am, they are waiting"

Annika nodded. She thought to leave him a voicemail, "I am sorry Shivaay. I miss you as much as you do but try to understand my situation. I am stuck as well. I'll leave at almost ten. I love you", she said and recorded her message and sent it to him.

*****

Shivaay was in his room. He was sad, not angry. He missed her. From past days, her schedule has been like a hoax. Wake up, have breakfast, rush to office, come back late night, go to bed and repeat. There was nothing they used to talk other than work. It appeared like the sparks were gone in past week.