Chapter 5

Nandini was sitting in the corner of the room with a photo frame of Aru in her hand. Her eyes were moist. As soon as she heard the knob turning sound from the door she looked towards it only to see Manik entering the room. But her eyes caught the bandaid that was on his forehead.

She kept the photo frame in the side table and went towards him.

Nandini: Manik ye....

She touched his forehead only to get a hiss from him.

She looked at his hand which also contained a bandage.

She held his hand and looked it with panick stricken face.

Nandini: Kaise hua yeh??

Manik looked at her. He can see how much terrified she is right now. He removed his hand from her clutch and cupped her face.

Manik: Relax Nandini. Zyada kuch nahi hai. It was just a small accident. Nothing much. I'm fit and fine in front of you.

Nandini jerked off his hand and shouted at him....

Nandini: Do you think it's funny?? What do you think, of yourself huh!! Everything is easy and will be in your control?? Agar kuch bada ho jata to??

Tears started rolling down from her eyes. She palmed her face and started sobbing.

Manik looked at her with helpless eyes. He sighed went towards her. Talking her hands back from her face he hugged her tightly. She also hugged him more tightly.

Nandini: Mera kya hota agar tumhe kuch ho jata to?? Aru.. Aru bhi nahi..hai mere..pass. Kaha hoga mera baccha!! Kuch karo na Mani.... Please.... Mere bacche ko wapas le ao mere pass.

She was blabbering while sobbing continuously. Manik's eyes also became watery. He was rubbing her back to calm her down.

Manik: I will bring him back Nandini. Fit and fine. Kuch nahi hoga use. It's my promise.

He said with determination.

...........................................

It was a dark room. There was a chair in the middle where the little life was tied up. His hands and legs were tightly tied up with the chair. But he was not in his sense. He was senseless due to chloroform.

A man entered the room with mask on to hide his face. He went near the chair and smirked.

Man: Manik Malhotra. You have no choice left now. I have the most precious thing of your life. You have to listen to me.

He said looking at Aru who was senseless. He made a video of him tied up and sent it to Manik.

He pressed Aru's little face tightly with his large fingers.

Man: Get up baccha. You have to wake up now.

He shook his face to wake him up.

Aru slowly opened his eyes but let out a sob feeling pain in his checks.

Opening his eyes he got scared. His eyes got moist immediately and he cried out loud.

Aru: Mummaaa.....

The man laughed dangerously making him more scared. Seeing him being scared he crept near his face and looked at him with red eyes.

Man: Mumma ke pass jana hai baby ko!! Par aap nahi jaa sakte baccha. Apko to abhi mujhe help karna hoga. Then you can go to your mumma.

Aru: Aap bohot bure ho. Bohot gande ho aap. Mujhe mumma papa ke pass jana hai. Nahi rehne mujhe yaha.

Gathering a little courage he said this only to get a slap in his check.

He slapped him with such a force that his lips started bleeding. Due to immense force he again became unconscious.

Some of the goons who were present inside the room felt pity seeing the little life who was suffering.

Man: I don't like who talks too much. So it was your punishment you little brat. And you all.....

He said pointing towards the goons who were present there.

Man: If any single person try to help him or try to act smart then all of you will be punished brutally. And it will be dangerous. Mark my words.

All of them made themselves straight. Many of them were thinking to help him as he was too small to bear all this. But they refused to even think about it anymore as they knows how dangerous their boss can be.

He left the room with red eyes and curled palm.

........................................

Manik was sitting on the bed and creasing Nandini's hairs who slept due to crying a lot. He was starting at her face. The face which always was joyful and bubbly is now pale. It's been 2 days since Aru was missing. There was not a single trace of him. The phone call that they got after him being missing was the last talk. After that the number was also been deactivated.

Manik was lost in his thoughts when his phone beeped with a massage. He checked the phone only to get shocked. It was the video of Aru being tied up in a dark room.

He got up with a jerk and looked at the phone screen with helplessness and numbness. Suddenly he got a call from the number. He picked it up in hurry and went out of the room to avoid disturbing Nandini.

As soon as he picked up the call he heard the similar voice which he heard the day of Aru's kidnapping.

Voice: I hope you are doing well Manik Malhotra. Am I right??

Manik: Just cut the crap and come to the point. What do you want?? Your problem is with me right!! Why are you torching my son dammit!!

He answered trying to stay calm.

Voice: Woo.... Okay. I liked the idea. I'll say what I want. I'm sending you an address. Come there and take your son back. But only after some agreements. See you soon bro.

And the call ended. Manik threw the phone in the sofa and pulled his hairs due to frustration.

He calmed himself down and made a determined face.

Manik: Mai apne bacche ko kuch nahi hone dunga. And it's my promise. Papa aa rahe hai Aru. I'll not let anyone harm you. Ever.

................................................

To be continued..........