Chapter 24

Ikshu jerked off Nandini's hand and ran towards the other direction. Nandini became baffled with her sudden movement but ran behind her.

Nandini: Ikshu wait.....where are you going.....!!

Nandini saw Ikshu hugging a man. She was confused as who the person was that just by seeing him Ikshu ran towards him..!!

Nandini moved further but as soon as she saw the face of the man she became rooted to her place.

Manik Malhotra it was. The man whom she loved blindly. The person who had destroyed her and her children's life was there. For a while Nandini's head became blank. She can't understand what she was feeling right now seeing him and what she must feel.

He got up holding Ikshu's hand and suddenly his eyes fell on her. He stopped abruptly seeing her. While Nandini was staring at him with blank expression.

The man standing in front of her once had an exclusive charm which is missing now. His masculine figure is still same as before but he is looking pale. Eyes filled with dark circles. Nandini was feeling weak on her knees seeing him in front of her after freaking 5 years.

While Manik's condition was no less. From the past 2 years he was going mad on not knowing where his Nandini was. He had been looking for her for so long. He had always thought that whenever he would find her he would take her in a bear hug which was once enough for her to melt. But now when she was standing exactly opposite to him he was lacking the courage. He was not sure if he still had the right or not.

Realisation hit her hard. What the hell is she thinking....!! Now the main query is what the hell is he doing here.....!! And moreover what is Ikshu doing with him.....!! Is she already aware of him being her father.....!! Is this again a new trap from him.....!!

Seeing Nandini there Ikshu smiled brightly and called her loudly.

Ikshu: Mumma.

This snapped both Manik and Nandini out from their thoughts. Ikshu went to Nandini and held her hand.

Ikshu: Mumma I told you about my friend right..!! He is my friend.

Manik got another shock of the day. Ikshu was calling her mumma. She was having another child..!! That means she had already moved on..!! Was it that easy for her to start everything afresh without him while he was dying everyday for her. The world stopped for him. He was unable to breathe properly. His eyes became red. Manik curled his hand to a fist to get a grip on himself but was failing miserably.

Nandini was scared now what if he starts playing some nasty game all over again..!! What if he takes away her little bit of happiness that she has found with great difficulty..!! What if he pushes her into darkness that she can never come out from..!! And the most important thing is what if he takes away her children from her.....!!

Nandini held Ikshu's hand firmly and without without wasting another moment she rushed from there.

While as soon as Nandini went away Manik slammed down on the ground. It was getting hard for him to breathe properly. He held his head as it started spinning. Soon darkness engulfed him and he fell on the ground.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Manik opened his eyes slowly. His head was still throbbing. He looked around to notice that he was in the hospital. Soon he felt a soft touch on his forehead. He looked towards his side to see a pair of teary eyes looking at him.