Chapter 11

Nandini was sitting on the couch and kneading the hairs of Aryan who was lying down on the couch keeping his head in his mumma's lap.

Soon her mind drifted into the time when the incident occurred. It was a dreadful time for both Nandini and Aryan.

5 Years Ago

After watching the video Nandini started sweating badly. She was making herself believe that Manik can't to anything like that. She was trying to call him but his phone was not reachable.

After sometime she heard the doorbell rang. She sighed in relief thinking Manik is back. She rushed towards the door to open it.

Opening the door she saw Manik standing there. Seeing him there she hugged him tightly and a lone tear slide down from her eyes. After a moment when she felt that he was not hugging her she broke the hug and looked at him only to see him looking at her with a blank expression.

She was about to say something just then she heard someone rather than a girl's voice. She came inside and hugged Manik to which he reciprocated with a smile.

Manik: Hey babe. Where were you....??

Girl: Sorry baby I got late. Actually.....

She stopped when she saw Nandini standing there. She smiled at her and went near her.

Girl: You must be Nandini right..??

Nandini was startled by the happenings. Moreover it was the same girl whom she saw in the video with Manik. And the abbreviations they were using for each other was cherry on top in Nandini's condition.

Manik: Yup. She is my so-called wife Nandini. And Nandini meet Ms. Nisha Sharma. My girlfriend.

Nandini stumbled hearing him. She was unable to believe her own ears.

Nandini: You are joking right?? This can't be true. I'm telling you Manik if this is any kind of prank then it's a pathetic one.

Manik came closer to her and cupped her face.

Manik: It's not a joke baby. It's true.

Nandini jerked off his hand and moved back. She was scared, scared to hear more from his mouth.

Nandini: It..it can't..be true. Yeh nahi..ho sakta. This can't happen.

Manik: Nahi ho sakta nahi Nandini. Yeh already ho chuka hai.

Tears started floating down from her eyes.

She with baby steps went near Manik and held his face in her shivering one.

Nandini: Mujhe pata hai tumhe koi trap kar raha hai aise karne ke liye. Mujhse share karo Manik. Hum dono milkar sab thik kar denge.

This time he moved back. His facial expression turned serious with red eyes and jaw tight.

Manik: It's over Nandini. We are over.

Nandini held the chair near her for support. She was unable to digest what was happening.

Nandini: To fir..humari 6 saal ki..married life..humare wo saare..pal jo humne..saath me bitaye hai..humara pyaar....wo sab....

Manik: Sab natak tha.

He said with an expressionless face and the ground slipped underneath Nandini's feet.

Manik: I never loved you. You were my obsession. From the first day when I saw you became my obsession and I promised myself that I will get you for myself. That's why I played the "love love" game with you. And see hear we are.

He said with a smirk and as if he was very proud of his work. Nandini was loosing it. She was unable to tolerate all the happenings. Gathering some courage she thought to ask a question which was eating her up.

Nandini: And what about our son Manik....!!

Manik: It was just a mistake. He was a mistake.

He said those words looking straight into her eyes. She was trying to find the truth in his eyes but it was blank. And the words he said did nothing but instigated the fire inside her. She knew he is not the same Manik whom she loved dearly. She went near him and a tight slap landed on his face and clutched his shirt collar.

Nandini: Manik Malhotra. Hear me loud and clear. You have done enough playing with my life and also you did worst with my son. Whatever you have done you have to pay for each and every thing. You have to face the worth of me. Mark my words.

There were tears in her eyes but not of sorrow. It was for the betrayal she got today and also for the anger for using bad words for her son.

She went upstairs. She took all her documents and the essentials which she made with her own hard earned money.

After taking her staffs she went inside Aru's room. There also she packed his essentials which she bought for him. Taking the sleeping son in her arms who was totally unaware of the storm just happened she went out of the Malhotra Mansion without even giving a last glance at Manik.

Flashback Ends

Feeling soft touch on her face Nandini looked down only to see her son wiping off her tears. Just then she realised that her eyes were full of tears. She wiped her tears and tried smiling but failed miserably. His head was still on her lap. He sat straight and held her hand.

Aryan: Why are you wasting your precious tears for that man mumma..?? A pathetic person like him doesn't deserve you not even your tears.

Nandini: It's not like that Aru. It's just that ki....

Aryan: I know what it is mumma. You were thinking about him only. I don't know what had happened 5years ago. I don't even want to know it. But I just hate that man for making you suffer. I saw how much you had struggled so much for us. I have also seen you crying every night without letting us know anything. I can never forgive that man for this. And from now onwards I will look after you. I will not let any sadness come near you.

Nandini was in tears but this time in happiness hearing the confession from her son. She hugged him tightly not able to control more. He also hugged her keeping his head on her chest.

To be continued..........