Chapter 1

Adeline's POV

I looked up as I heard the snap of a twig , I quickly looked around trying to figure out if I was still alone , or if I had company .

I felt my ears twitch after hearing it again , I got up onto my four legs and positioned myself into a fighting position . After a while a small bunny jumped out from behind a bush causing me to flinch slightly .

I let out a sigh of relief knowing I would not have to use energy that I don't have, fighting for my life For the second night in a row . I laid down on my stomach trying to fall back asleep , but after trying to fall asleep for 20 minutes I decided to just get up and keep running .

Where you may ask ? , but truth be told I don't know where I was running too , I just knew to run and hope that I would find my mate and he would save me , and I would finally be able to breath and stop running .

I don't remember much from my parents , or how they looked . Or if I had any siblings or cousins . I just remember a beautiful women with a sweet voice telling me " Run baby , Run and never look back . One day you're mate will free you Adeline " . I'm guessing it was my mom , but I guess I'll never know .

I could hear a city near by so I decided to change back into my human form , I pulled my book bag off my back and took out a pair of leggings and put on a hoodie and some shoes I stole from someone's front yard .

I adjusted the straps on the book bag to fit on me better and I walked out of the woods and into the city , hoping I wouldn't run into anyone .

I found a small diner and decided to check it out , last time I ate was two days ago and I was feeling kind of hungry .

I had gone without eating for longer and this was nothing , since I've been on my own since I was 8 I would go days without eating , not knowing how to hunt or get my own food . I taught myself a lot of stuff and if it weren't for my wolf guiding me as well I don't know what would have been of me .

" Hello young lady , welcome to Lucy's diner what can I get started for you " said a sweet older women as soon as I walked in .

" Hi there , could I get a hot chocolate please " I said with a smile as I sat down in the corner closest to the door in case anything happened and I needed to get out.

I grabbed the menu that was on the table and looked over all the food options , causing my mouth to water  and my stomach to start growling .

" Here you go sweetie , are you ready to order " she said placing my hot chocolate in front of me as she looked at me with a sweet smile .

" Yes ma'am can I just get an order of pancakes " I said with a smile knowing that's all I could afford at the moment , I was running out of money and who knew when I would have the next chance to get more .

" Are you sure you don't want anything else sweetheart " said the sweet old lady .

" yes ma'am that's it for me thank you " I said giving her a smile .

She just smiled and left , I took a sip of my hot chocolate and almost moaned at how good it tasted , either that or because I hadn't eaten anything in two days . After 15 minutes the doorbell on top of the door rang as someone opened it , I looked up seeing 3 men walk in . I tensed up but the sweet lady had put the food in front of me , I looked down to see pancakes , eggs and sausage .

" it's on the house " was all she said with a smile as she walked away . I took a bite of the pancakes with caution as I could feel the men starting at me .

I could see them from the corner of my eye looking at me , I decided it was best for me too just leave now . I looked down at the delicious food with disappointment.

I quickly took out $10 and left them on the table as I casually walked out of the diner , but not with out  saying thank you to the sweet lady .

I walked down the street and behind some buildings trying to get back into the forest .

Next thing I knew I felt a slight pain as I felt a needle go into my neck and all I could say was " shit " as I felt myself falling .