Chapter 8

Grayson's POV

" what the fuck man " said Colby looking in the direction that Adeline just went .

" I don't need you're lectures " I said walking back behind my desk and sitting down .

" Grayson , you can't be serious " he said .

" Dead serious " i said not even looking at him and just responding to some emails .

" I think she's telling the truth man " he said .

" Okay " I said back .

" call Emerald , tell her to check to make sure . She would be able to detect another spell " he said .

" She doesn't get back 2 days from today " I said as I continued to type away on my laptop .

" What happens if Emerald doesn't find anything and Adeline is telling the truth " he asked me causing me to finally looking up at him.

" It cant be " was all I said .

" Grays—"

" I can't just replace her what are you talking about man , You already know this " I said once again .

" Grayson , she is you're second chance . Look at how you've been . Maybe this is the moon goddesses blessing " Colby said .

" How about i send Val to talk to her , figure out what's going on ? " he asked

I just nodded my head and we continued to talk about some pack stuff and the up coming ball.

———————————————————-

Adeline's POV

I opened my eyes as I heard someone knocking , I slowly got up,  feeling my whole world moving as the headache I was feeling was getting worse by the minute and now to add to the pain is the cuts from the glass he broke .

After finally being able to get up and walk to the door I opened it and saw a girl standing there with a huge smile on her face .

" Hii , oh my gosh you are so pretty !!! " said the girl as she hugged me tight causing me to bite my lip from the pain that ran down my body from the impact of the hug . I started to go sideways causing me to hug her back as i tried to hold myself up .

" Hi , can I help you ? " I asked giving her a smile back .

" Yes , I am Valeria , but my friends call me Val " she said walking in .

" Oh nice , I'm Adeline " I said as I closed the door behind her and looked at her weirdly .

" I know silly , anyways I'm Colby's mate " she said from one of the chairs she choose to sit on .

" Are you feeling alright ? You seem a little pale and sweaty " she asked getting up and walking towards me .

" yea I'm fine " I said wiping my forehead finally realizing I was sweating .

" you don't look fine , maybe we should take you to the pack Doctor " she said looking worried .

" Honestly Im fine " I said laying down on my bed .

" Okay , umm let's watch a movie " she said as she laid on the bed right beside me and grabbed the control from the the side of the bed .

" What do you want to watch " she asked me as she scrolled through some app called Netflix .

"Whatever you want is fine " I said back as I got comfortable.

She chose a movie called "After" , as the movie started I spaced out thinking about whatever , after a while it started to get interesting and as the movie was coming to an end someone knocked on the door .

" WHAT !! You're telling me all that was a fucking dare??? " I asked as i yelled at the tv .

" come in " I heard beside me.

" What the actual fuck ! " I said as I got more annoyed.

" dinner is ready girls " said a voice . I looked over to see Colby at the door looking amused .

" Okay we are coming " said Val as she got up and put her shoes on .

I got up , instantly regretting it as I felt my whole world move once again. Shit .

After making sure I wouldn't fall and die I put my shoes on and followed after Colby and Val . Colby was holding her and I could see how happy they were . They looked at each other with so much love and it was just beautiful.

They were walking ahead of me since I was walking slow and carefully due to all the pain I was feeling in my body . I grabbed my wrist rubbing it , I looked down to see the bruise getting nastier . I just sighed and continued to follow the lovely couple .

We made it down finally , after them telling me to hurry up 5 times . As I was entering the kitchen I saw 4 plates set up , Jesus Christ after what happened last time we ate together i don't want to be anywhere near him right now . He could blow up at any minute again .

I sat down at the table with Colby and Val sitting in front of me leaving Grayson at the head of the table to my left . So obviously I left a chair in between me and Grayson .

Colby looked at me weird while Val just gave me a reassuring smile. I tensed up as I could now feel Grayson closer , and soon enough he walked through the door I could feel him look at me but I didn't look up at him . I shouldn't .

He pulled the chair and sat down giving them a quick nod soon the food was brought out and placed in front of us . And don't get me wrong it smelt amazing but I knew I would not be able to finish this not even close . In front of me was a big ole piece of steak with some rice .

Soon they started digging in and all we could hear was the sound of the utensils hitting the plates . I decided to cut a piece of steak and eat it as it looked so good .

I closed my eyes as the juices of the steak hit my tongue and I closed my eyes enjoying the taste of it . This is the best piece of steak I've ever tried .

I continued to cut small pieces and eat it because if I overate that's where the problem would be , I'd throw up and not be able to eat for the next couple days . But I feel so hungry ...

" So what did you ladies do " asked Colby starting conversation.

" We watched a movie " I said after Val looked at me wanting me to answer .

" what movie " he asked .

" After " she said giving him a smile .

" Ugh that movie? I'm so sorry you had to witness that Adeline " he said looking at me with a playful look .

" No need to feel sorry I enjoyed it " I said looking up at him .

From the corner of my eyes I saw Grayson tense up and grip his chair , I just ignored him and continued on taking bites of my food .

" Umm anyways , where did you come from ? " asked  Colby . I saw Val smack him under the table as I stopped mid chew . At this Grayson's attention was fully on me. 

" Umm i don't know " I said putting my fork down .

" Umm how do you not know though ? " Colby asked once again causing Val to facepalm her self this time .

" I don't know " I said again feel a knot forming in my throat .

" Just tell us where you came from , it's not that hard " said Grayson .

" I DONT KNOW WHERE I CAME FROM , IVE BEEN ALONE SINCE I WAS 8 " I yelled and walked out of the dinning room and up the stairs and into my room slamming the door behind me .