Chapter 33

Adeline's POV

It had been 2 weeks since I left and 2 weeks since I last saw him . I knew he was okay , but I still couldn't help and worry about him . Honestly don't know why I was worried for him when I was the one out here in the woods, pregnant and with out anything.

I was able to get some clothes from some backyards , but as each day passed my stomach got a little bigger . Being a wolf made the whole process faster and then the fact he is an Alpha just speeds everything up. Although I didn't think that would speed it up this much .

All I know is I need to settle down somewhere because I don't know where I'm going to have this baby and it sure as hell can't be alone in the woods .

" Hey are you okay? " I heard behind me causing me to immediately turn around ready to fight .

" Woah there " said the stranger as she lifted up her arms defensively.

What the fuck is she doing out here , yea I'm out here but I'm me . She looked like she had a place to stay and what not she also had clean clothes so what was she doing all the way out here .

I just stood there as I watched her , and made sure to look around so no one else would come out and like snatch me .

" What are you doing out here? " she asked me as she looked down to my belly .

Out of Instinct I put my arms over my belly protecting it . But I just ignored her and continued to stare .

" Look , I'm Avery and i live a couple miles that way you coming? " she said .

" Avery nice to meet you , but I really need to be on my way " was all i said as i turned around and started walking the way I was originally going.

" Wait ! Do you have anyone? " she asked .

" Yes I do " was all I said . She did not have to know I was out here alone in this world.

" Look just follow me okay? You look like you could use a warm bath and some food . Just please think about it " she said .

But all I could do was stare at her , why is she inviting a complete stranger to her place . And why was she out here so deep in the woods , I can not hear any towns near by .

" We can trust her " said Emory in my head .

"How do you know? " I asked .

" I just do , she's okay . Just follow her " was all she said .

" fine " I said out loud as she did a little dancey dance .

" Oh thank the moon goddess you said yes , I don't know how I was going to be able to sleep tonight knowing I left a pregnant girl alone in the woods " she said as she continued to walk .

" I would have been fine " I said .

" Oh I'm sure you would have " she said as she looked back at me .

" How far along are you? " she asked .

" Umm I — " i started but just stopped , because truth be told I don't know how far along I was .

" maybe like 2 months??? " I said as I guessed .

" Oh well congratulations " she said .

" Thank you " I said . One other person besides myself knew I was having a baby .

Wow ..