Chapter 12

Adeline's POV

I gripped my back as I got up realizing I had apparently fallen asleep on the floor next to the door . I  looked around confused , how did I fall asleep ? .

I walked to the balcony seeing that it was dark I looked at the clock on the wall and it read 10:00pm , well shit.

I walked in my closet Deciding to change into some shorts and a t-shirt , I put on some sandals and went down to get some water .

As I was passing the living room I saw someone sitting there in the dark , I made eye contact with the person and got chills down my body causing me to instantly calm down .  I let out a sigh of relief knowing I would not be dying today ... hopefully cause man still has his anger issues .

I watched as his eyes roamed my body starting at my face and going down my body going slower on my exposed legs .

After just standing there I went to move but stopped as he called my name. 

" Yes? " I asked . But he said nothing just starred, until he finally got up and walked towards me , and out of instinct I walked back till my back hit a wall.

When he finally reached me he looked down at me , and I watched as he raised a hand and placed it over my cheek . I just stood there shocked he was even this close with me . He just kept doing this and feeling my hair .

" I'm sorry " he finally said .

" For wh— " I started but was cut off as he placed his lips on mine .

I just stood there , not knowing what to do . Was I even awake ? Do I kiss him back or push him away.

"Kiss him back " said Emory .

And I did just that , I kissed him back with everything in me and he took that as his sign and soon he gripped my thighs and pulled me up to him as he slammed me on the wall. And I let out a groan as I felt a pain in my hip but shit I'll deal with that later .

I wrapped my hands around his neck bringing him impossibly closer and we kissed till we couldn't anymore , I breathed heavily as we pulled away finally getting some air into my lungs .

And just like that the moment was over and he dropped me causing me to almost loose my balance and then just walked away and went out the front door without saying anything.

Shit.

I ran a hand down my face knowing that whatever that was wouldn't happen again. He had a moment of weakness ...

With the pain in my chest I turned to leave once again but stopped as I saw a light down the hallway and of course like the dumbass I am , I followed it and I opened the door which led to his office .

And I should have just kept on walking because as soon as I walked in my eyes went straight to a picture frame on his desk . It was a picture of him and a beautiful girl . She had wavy brown hair and she had the most beautiful green eyes , and she had the prettiest smile . And then I looked to her left and there stood Grayson looking down at her with so much love and the most beautiful smile on his face as he looked at her .....

He would never look at me like that .....

I watched as a drop of water hit the frame I instantly wiped my face and placed the picture back where it was .

She's beautiful, and I'd never be her . how could I compete with her , this was a loosing battle to someone that isn't even here anymore .

" Oh— I'm sorry I thought Grayson was here " I heard behind me and I instantly wiped my face and then looked to see the witch from earlier .

" He went out " was all I said .

" Oh... Look Adeline I just want to apologize for earlier I know it was wrong and I told Grayson to tell you but he insisted on you not knowing . And it was so wrong and ——- " she continued on on but I stopped her .

" It's ok I know he's not an easy person to say no to " and she just shook her head agreeing as she made a funny face .

" Just know that I believe he's your mate and I know that you weren't sent here to set him up or whatever he says " she said .

" Yea ... doesn't really matter if he believes I'm his mate or not " I said looking back at the frame .

I looked up seeing her looking at me sadly but I did not need her pity id be gone soon.

" How am I his mate , if he already had one " I asked her the question that's been bugging me all day .

" I don't know , It's the moon goddesses doing and only she knows why she did it . It's happened a couple times and all those times they ended up together and happy . You two were made for each other whatever happened with Lindsey was meant to happen for you and Grayson to find your way to each other " she said .

" D— Did they ever have kids, Plan on it? " I asked .

" They tried , but it never worked out for them " she said.

" Thank you .... " I started .

" Emerald " she said .

" Thank you Emerald , you have a good night " I said as I gave her the most believable smile and walked back to my room .

" Yes , just know I'm here if you need anything " she said as I waved goodbye .

I walked in my room closing the door behind me as I laid on my bed just processing everything I learned today .

Double shit.