Chapter 54

Adeline's POV

Waking up to Grayson holding my hand was a huge surprise, how did he find me? And how did he get here .

And why am I in a hospital bed ..

Hope.

I looked at doctor pax finally remembering why I was here , I asked him about hope . I don't remember exactly what happened , I just hope my baby is okay .

He just looked down at the ground , and instantly I knew, they did take her. They took
Hope .

At that I felt a piece of me break , my baby is out there . Who knows what they will do to her .. I have to find her.

I just cried as Grayson held me , I wonder if he knows yet. Through my blurry eyes I saw my mom and my family walk in. My eyes connected with Aidens and bastard couldn't even look me in the eyes .

Why .

" We are looking for her , we have people looking everywhere . " said my dad as he held me.

I couldn't stop crying , as hard as I tried the tears kept coming . My mom was now in my bed with me as I cried on her , why couldn't they take me instead.

" We will find her baby " whispered my mom in my ear.

" How did he find me " i whispered in my moms ear .

" I - I don't know honey " she said back as we both looked at him.

My parents looked at each other and soon enough everyone was walking out the door and then there was just me and him again.

" Why are you here "

" Who is hope "

We both said at the same time , we both just starred at each other waiting for the other to answer .

" What do you mean why am I here? I've been looking for you since you left . Why did you leave me . " he asked now coming closer .

" Why were you looking for me " I asked now looking out the window to my left and away from him.

" because I love you " he said . I just looked back at him shocked , did I hear that right? .

" I didn't remember anything about you until I saw you at the mall. That's when all my memories of you came back " was all I said .

" What? " he said . He looked as if I had just stabbed him in the heart.

" You made that decision on your own? " he asked .

" To forget you? " I asked . He just nodded .

" No , But eventually if it all became too much maybe I would have considered it " I said .

" Having only memories of a person is torture . Especially when you know they are somewhere out there just enjoying their life as if you had never existed . As if all the time together , the laughs , the dumb decisions as if everything done together had never happened . So yes I would have considered forgetting about you " I said.

He just stood there taking in everything I just said.

" You're the one that left " he said.

" I left because I wasn't going to wait around to see you choose Lindsey over me and .... I just couldn't. " I said .

" you should have waited " he said .

" So it could hurt more? You chose her right? Your true mate . And she's pregnant right? So I'm asking you this again ... why are you here? " I said this time sitting up .

All he did was stare at me , no words said . We stood like that for like 5 minutes until finally he turned around and walked out of the door slamming it behind him.

As the door shut behind him I cried , I cried because I remember, I cried because my daughter is somewhere out there , and I cried because once again he's gone , and I don't think he's coming back .

I pulled everything off of me all the cords that were connected to me and threw them to the side , soon enough all the machines started peeping loudly. I tried to stand but miserably failed and fell right on my face as I felt the worst pain shoot through my whole body .

" oh Adeline " I heard the doctor say as he and some other people picked me back up and gently placed me on the bed .

" LET GO OF ME WHY CAN'T I FUCKING WALK " I said through the tears . Finally feeling all the pain going through my body . Causing me to stay completely still . I found it difficult to breath and I think the doctor noticed because soon enough he came at me with an injection .