Chapter 47

Adeline's POV

I guess Avery wasn't happy with my answer because soon enough the doctor was in here asking me a whole bunch of questions, which I did not know the answers to.

" Adeline , really try and remember . Just relax and concentrate. " he said .

" I am relaxing! What do you want me to do if I can't remember!! " I told him now getting mad .

" Adeline sweetie , I can understand your frustration but we are just trying to figure out what's wrong so we can help you. " he said .

" I don't know who Grayson is , I don't remember ever meeting someone by that name . I was alone in the woods for a very long time , and never did I bump into a person by that name " I told him for the very last time .

I looked over at Avery and I could see the worry all over her face . Soon enough the doctor left and she came back to my side and just stared at me.

" Avery , who's Grayson? " I asked her .

" Adeline ... that's Hope's Dad . " she said.

" Why don't I remember him then " I asked her.

" That's a good question Adeline , because I'm not understanding how you forgot about him and your time with him and his friends . You always told me stories about him , Colby , Emerald , Valeria and Jay. " she said.

But as hard as I tried to remember I just couldn't , I just remember being in the woods and that's it .

" What about Lindsey... do you remember her?" She asked with caution .

" No, who's Lindsey? " I asked. 

" Um she was Grayson's mate ... " she said slowly .

" I-I fucked a man that had a mate? " I asked completely shocked.

What would cause me to do such thing.

" No they weren't together , not anymore at least " she said now getting confused herself.

" Adeline baby, you're alive " said the lady that helped me out of my cell as she hugged me .

I just looked at her and then Avery, as weird as this lady was being something was familiar about her. I felt safe and comfortable in her arms.

" Welcome home Adeline " said Avery as she gave me a big smile .

I just looked between her and the lady confused.

" We found home Adeline , we finally made it back. " said Avery.

" Adeline , I'm you're mom" said the lady. Causing me to really look at her. And it all started coming back .

" Mom " I said.

And that just caused her to cry like full on bawl in my arms , I found her. I finally found home, all this time chasing Hope .

And Hope brought me home .