Chapter 41

Adeline's POV

After we got done with breakfast we just sat there , knowing we would have to continue eventually and we we enjoying the warmth that the little restaurant offered us .

" We should get going soon so we can get as far as possible with the sun guiding us " said Avery .

" yea we should get going " I said with a sigh .

We went back to the motel to get all of our stuff together and made sure we didn't leave anything behind . And finally we were on our way to who knows where .

The sun was starting to set and we had been walking for almost 6 hours , and I was tired i didn't know how much longer I could do this for .

" wait , I need a break " I told her as I felt a pain in my stomach. I sat down and gripped my stomach as the pain got worse .

" Adeline , what's wrong " said Avery .

" I'll be fine , just give me a minute " I gritted out as I put my head down so she wouldn't see the pain in my face .

" Who's there " we heard behind us.

" Fuck " said Avery as she started looking around
Trying to figure out what to do next .

" You're surrounded dont move " we heard .

All of a sudden we were surrounded by all these men and I could feel myself start to pass out .

" Adeline , wake up . Keep your eyes open " said Avery .

" Please help her , she's pregnant " said Avery as I could hear her panicked voice .

" take them " I heard someone say .

I looked at Avery as they dragged us into a dungeon and then just left us in there , good thing so far was that they weren't mistreating us yet. Unlike when I got captured by Grayson's people.

I miss him, I wonder if he's moved on and is back with Lindsey and continuing where they left off .

" How are you feeling? Did the pain go away " asked Avery as she sat down next to me .

" Yes it calmed down " I told her . And I wasn't lying compared to how the pain was before this was nothing, but I was still in pain.

And every time I got a pain like this it always had me wondering if I would get to meet her , she's too strong and I'm too weak. Only reason I feel calm is because I know Avery will take good care of her if I don't survive the birth .

" let me check your shoulder " she said .

" Shit , it's still bleeding " said Avery .

" It will heal eventually" I told her with a sigh .

" Avery— .. " I started but was cut off

" Don't! , I know what you're about to say and it's not necessary " she said .

" But this —- " I started .

" Adeline , seriously shut up " she said .

I just shut up at that and leaned my head against the wall trying to get as comfortable as possible with this big ass belly.