Chapter 39

Adeline's POV

" ADELINE!! " yelled Avery as she realized what had just happened.

" She escaped but you won't , he's coming ". was the last thing he said before Avery slit his throat.

" Adeline you stupid bitch! " yelled Avery as she fell to her knees beside me and examined my shoulder which had just gotten stabbed .

I don't know how she did it but she helped me into the house and laid me on the couch but I winced as I felt pieces of glass go into my skin.

" SHIT! , omg Adeline I'm sorry I - I didn't realize there was glass " she said struggling to speak.

" I-It's okay" I told her with a wince . I could feel myself loosing a lot of blood and this was not okay .

" Let me wrap your arm up ,  because we have to go " said Avery as she started looking around .

" Avery im so sorry , this is my fault . I never should have stayed with you, now you're in danger and you childhood home was destroyed "I told her as my tears started coming down my face .

" Its okay , we just need to get a bag and leave . Can you walk???? " she asked .

" I should be fine " I told her getting up .

But I quickly bit my lip hard as the movement of my getting up cause I very strong and sharp pain to go down my body .

" Stay here let me get us some bags " she said quickly as she ran outside and came back with the baby clothes .

She grabbed one bag and filled it with all the stuff we had that was for the baby, and at this moment I was glad that we hadn't bought her a lot of stuff yet cause everything fit in a book bag.

Next she went to where I had clothes and started putting a couple of each stuff in another book bad for me .

She then ran upstairs and I could hear her doing the same thing , meanwhile I grabbed another book bag and started filling it with canned food and anything that would be okay out there . I kept wincing as any kind of movement caused the pain to go straight from my arm and down my body.

And I was still having harp stomach pains , so hopefully I will be okay.

" Ok . My clothes , your clothes , and baby girls clothes ... and some food. Do we need anything else??" She asked looking around.

I just shook my head now feeling bad about what was going on.

" Okay, let's go before they catch up to us " she said as she walked outside.

I followed behind her already struggling and all I did was walk from the kitchen to the front porch .
With a deep sigh I followed behind her and it was like this for two hours .

It was starting to get dark outside , and it was definitely starting to get cold now . My feet were pounding, I was tired I didn't want to keep walking I just wanted to give up and at this point just let whoever was coming after me take me .

I'm too pregnant for this, this baby is taking all of me .

It had now been 5 hours since we left the cabin and I could barely walk now , I could feel myself start to get a fever and this was not good. I couldn't feel my shoulder anymore and I was shaking from the cold .

" let's rest " said Avery as she put the bags down on the ground .

At that point I leaned against the tree and looked up at the moon that was peaking through the trees.

Moon goddess why again... I am not your strongest soldier pick someone else please.