Chapter 44

Avery's POV

I watched as the blood spread through the sheets on the bed , making me worry more then I already was.

" Doctor pax " I yelled outside the door again.

I looked back at Adeline and she had started shaking more and she was getting paler and paler.

" What's wrong " said the doctor as he finally came in .

" Oh " was all I heard and in less then 2 minutes nurses were coming in left and right with different equipment.

All I could do was silently watch. What else could I do? I was terrified to what was about to happen I can't imagine how Adeline must be feeling.

" She's loosing too much blood " said the doctor.

I looked at Adeline and she was already looking at me with sad eyes. So I decided to go next to her and hold her hand. She will be okay , she has to .

" Ok Adeline you're going to have to start pushing okay , I know it hurts but you have to , Your water already broke and we need to get that baby out now okay . " said the doctor and Adeline just gave him a short nod .

I held her hand as she cried out in pain, she was moving around trying to somehow get rid of the pain , trying to run from it but she couldn't . All she could do was sit there and just feel her body being ripped apart.

I looked at the doctor as he looked at the nurses helping him , his face filled with worry.

Goddess what was wrong now , please don't take her she's been through so much and now she might not even meet her daughter? .

" Adeline you have to stay awake , stay with us . You're not done pushing . " said the doctor as he looked at her .

" Adeline come on you got this " I whispered in her ear as I shook her a bit .

she opened her big eyes filled with tears " I'm scared, I'm not strong enough " she whispered as she pushed again.

" That's it Adeline , keep pushing " said the doctor . He lifted his hand for something and his hand was covered in blood . I almost let out a gasp but I didn't want to scare Adeline more.

I looked down as I realized that she had stopped squeezing , she was getting weaker and weaker .

" Adeline , one more big push for me " said the doctor . She closed her eyes and she gave out one last big push , once she heard the first cry of her baby girl she let go of my hand , and her eyes opened again but this time something was different .

She looked at her baby that was taken away to get cleaned up and then she looked at me as her eyes started to close .

" Hope , her name is Hope " was the last thing she whispered as the monitor behind her flat lined .