6- The Hidden Leaf

Kakashi POV:

The girl is a mystery. That's one way Kakashi can describe her, a mystery with enticing abilities. While he was jumping tree to tree back to the campsite, he acted like nothing happened. Like he and his team didn't shamelessly spy on the girl.

Yeah. Totally.

After a few minutes, the girl emerged from the forest with... herbs? Right, she knows medical ninjutsu. It's probably normal for her to know about medicine, poisons and herbs.

I could see the others observing the girl, clearly having the same thoughts as me. I watched the girl unseal her cooking utensils again, only to see them all clean. Hell, when did she wash them? Unless she has another pan and spatula but I highly doubt it. That scroll holds her food, ingredients, and cooking utensils which is definitely a lot. There's a limit to how much a mere scroll can seal.

"Can someone start a fire?" she asked. Itachi stepped up and used the fireball jutsu. She placed a stand over the fire and placed the pan on the stand. I saw her put in some oil and put in some bacon strips. While it was frying she took out a cutting board and cut some spring onions. She used a knife to push everything into a bowl and flipped the bacon before it burnt while taking out some rice and a packet of seaweed.

What is she making? She took out a bamboo sushi roller. Sushi?? Don't they take a long time to prepare? Although she had some rice prepared beforehand but still! She laid a long piece of seaweed on the roller and layered it with rice. Soon after she took out a cucumber and cut the cucumber in small pieces. She placed the bacon strips in a bowl and put in some spices and stirred it. Later on, she started putting together the sushi. Cucumbers then a cooked bacon strip, and layered spring onions on top.

She rolled it into sushi and cut them in equal pieces. She repeated the process 3 more times and handed me and everyone else sushi. She made her own portion except she replaced the bacon strips with some leftover cabbage from yesterday. She sealed all her cooking utensils and started eating.

After we all finished eating, I heard Shisui ask, "Where are you from?" I could tell everyone perked up at this, wanting to learn more about the girl. She grinned, "~It's a secret~" she singsong.

Shisui faceplanted.

———————————————————————————

Itachi POV:

I watched Shisui faceplant while Himeko snickered.

"Well then, do you want to come with us?" he asked.

Shisui, what the hell do you think you're saying?! WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GIRL APART FROM HER ABILITIES AND NAME. SHE COULD BE A SPY FOR ALL WE KNOW.

I gave Shisui the 'What-the-hell' look and he gave me the 'I-don't-give-a-fuck' look.

"Soo... what do you think Himeko-chan?" Shisui chirped almost like he was fangi- ahem, fanBOYING. Shisui, I never knew you could sound like one of my rat-shrilling fangirls right now!

I glanced at Himeko to see her reaction only to find her walking over to my direction. She jerked her thumb at Shisui.

"Is he usually like this?" she asked. The whole team started laughing while I was trying to keep myself from laughing and see Shisui in his depressed state. I took deep breathes to try to keep myself from laughing. Key word: "try" but that only resulted in me laughing my butt off.

"No" I responded while laughing.

She nodded then pouted, "If only I had a camera..." Then the team laughed even louder while Shisui sulked even more.