25- The Chunin Exams' prober

Shisui's POV: 

I stood beside Itachi and Himeko as one of the jounins announced the preliminaries. The rules and the first pair of names showed up on the screen. It was quite boring, so I zoned out the entire time while thinking about how good dangos sound right now. I started daydreaming about dangos until I felt something hit or rather smack my head.

"Ouch!" I rubbed my head and saw Itachi with his hand curled up in a fist, looking at me with a blank expression. "What were you daydreaming about?" I scratched the back of my head, "What do you mean?" I heard a sigh and turned to where it was coming from to see Himeko-chan with a 'Are you serious?' look. "What?" I asked.

"We've been calling you during the past 5 minutes, the preliminaries are over." She said, I glanced around the room to see that it was empty and only the 3 of us were here. She turned to Itachi, "We should've dragged Shisui by the legs, dangle him from a rooftop and watch him panic. That would've been faster than trying to wake him up from whatever he was daydreaming about." 

"Hey! Rude!" I shouted while I had fake tears rolling down my cheeks. "I'm hurt, Himeko-chan! You and Itachi wouldn't do that, would you?" I asked. Then Itachi look at me with an evil smirk while Himeko-chan looked at me with a fake closed eye smile. "Yes, yes, indeed we totally wouldn't." I looked at them with disbelief, "What a lie!" and started fake crying.

Then they both laughed before giving me a genuine smile. "Silly, we were joking!" I stopped my fake crying immediately, "Or maybe not!" I started fake crying again. "Anyways, let's go get some dango!" Himeko-chan said while she and Itachi walked off. "Shisui, are you coming or not?" She called out to me. I quickly ran after them after all, it's dangos we're talking about. 

———————————————————————————

Seraphina's POV:

2 weeks later...

It was time for the chunin finals, many people from all over the world came to watch this unfold. Itachi and Shisui were assigned to stand beside the hokage to guard him so I was alone. Although on the bright side, some members of the Uchiha, Hyuga, Yamanaka, Nara, Akimichi, Inuzuka, and Aburame clan came. 

Ever since that emergency mission and becoming the head of the hospital, I became acquaintances with all the clans' leaders, including their families although I was the closest with the Uchihas. But apart from that, all the clans have taken a liking to me and respected me a lot. It was safe to say that I probably have the backing of all the clans in the leaf. So whoever dares to mess with me, will have to face the wrath of every clan in the leaf. 

I took a seat next to Sasuke (to have him act as a barrier between me and Mikoto) and waited for the matches to start while talking to Sasuke about what I had planned for his next training session. After a few minutes, the matches were about to start until an anbu appeared in front of me, scaring the crap out of the civilians nearby. 

"Himeko-sama, Lord hokage is asking for you." Then he was gone. I sighed before standing up, "I'll be back in a bit," and with that, I utilized Luminous Step and Shadow Step to make my way to the hokage. I appeared behind the hokage while the other kages' escorts attacked me. Bruh, I'm not even trying to attack any of your kages, chill! 

I dodged all their attacks until the hokage cleared his throat and said, "She's one of my ninjas, I asked for her to presence earlier." All the kages' escorts stopped attacking while I mentally sighed before turning to the hokage.

"Himeko, apparently there's some issues in the hospital. Lord Kazekage asked me if you could help them out." I nodded then I sent a butterfly to the Sasuke to tell him that I have to help the hospital. I used Shadow Step and Luminous Step to get to the hospital and released hordes of butterflies to heal the patients. I ran up the hospital to get on the rooftop and started singing while creating a clone to bring water and another to go back to watch the chunin finals.

This is so annoying but refusing an order from the hokage when he personally requested it would probably or definitely lead to consequences. I mentally sighed, how unfortunate! I can't watch the chunin exams in person, although clones are certainly helpful. 

———————————————————————————

Clone's POV:

I landed in front of my seat beside Sasuke and sat down, ignoring the looks that people gave me. I turned to the Uchiha family, "I'm just a clone, my real self is back at the hospital, healing patients. She sent me here to watch the fights." They nodded in understanding before turning back to the battle.

People were cheering for both of them. It was an Aburame battling a mist ninja. It could be anyone's victory. If the mist ninja knows a long ranged ninjutsu that covers a lot of ground then the Aburame will probably lose but if the Aburame uses their bugs to ambush the mist ninja then it could be their win. I watched the battle closely before sensing someone's eyes on me, I subtly look around to see that no one seemed to sense it.

I narrowed my eyes, there's someone here but I can't pinpoint their location because of the fact that they're blending in with the crowd. I felt someone looking at me so I turned to the direction to see Fugaku looking at me. He must've noticed something off. I got up and walked towards Fugaku, and asked, "What do you think about the battle?" He turned back to the battle and replied, "Average, it could be better," then he turned to me. 

I signaled him to follow me then I walked off before telling the others that I almost forgot to report something to the hokage while Fugaku said he had to go to the toilet. We walked off towards the restrooms and after making sure we were alone, I started talking.

"I sensed someone probing or observing me among the crowd but unfortunately, I couldn't pinpoint the location. They seem to be doing the same with other ninjas as well because they stopped probing me after a minute." Fugaku narrowed his eyes, "Any idea what they could be after?" he asked. "No, but I do have a hunch that they could be after a kekkei genkai or a dojutsu. They could be after my kekkei genkais or be after some of the clans' dojutsus." 

Fugaku massaged his temples, "This is something that cannot be ignored, we should alert the hokage," right after that, an explosion occurred. A huge scale explosion that a genin shouldn't be able to pull off. Whoever they are, they've started. There was a lot of screaming outside as we dashed back towards the arena. We need to evacuate all the citizens first!

1180 words