18- I'm a what now?

Seraphina POV:

It was a stressful day, I ended up singing through the whole night due to new patients coming in. I had a clone bring a few water bottles to keep my voice from going hoarse. I certainly don't want to end up with a sore throat and end up having to consume some lozenges. I finished singing when everyone was healed and took a breather while hearing some clapping from behind. I turned around to see Itachi-san, Shisui-san, the hokage, the Uchiha family, anbu, jounins and more clapping. 

"Your singing was... absolutely amazing! You're the one who was singing a week ago right, Himeko-chan?" Shisui-san asked with sparkles in his eyes. I nodded while keeping a blank expression but deep down, I was quite embarrassed. How long were they listening to me sing? The man who was pacing back and forth earlier came forward and bowed to me with one hand in a fist cupped with the other. 

"I cannot express how thankful I am for saving my wife. You've saved my wife from death and healed all her illnesses, not only that, you saved many of my fellow clan members. I am forever grateful to you and if you ever need any help, the Hyuga clan will do their best to assist you to the best of their abilities. Consider the Hyuga clan an ally." I nodded, "It's nothing for you to worry about, I only did what was right" I responded calmly. He's the clan head of the Hyuga clan isn't he?

The hokage stepped forward, "Himeko, you've overworked yourself, due to your efforts, there's no deaths at all." I heard a bunch of people gasp at the statement while I mentally sighed. "Your singing can heal others right?" the hokage asked, I nodded while keeping my blank expression. I'm probably a target for power hungry people now... what have I got myself into? I then sensed someone watching me which led to catching the sight of an old man staring at me with something coming from his right arm that was covered in bandages, I narrowed my eyes at the sight. What is he hiding under those? Also why's it so similar to the sharingan? 

I looked back to the hokage to see him about to speak again, "I'd like you to become the head of the hospital" my eyes widened. You're asking too much from an 8 year old! "Lord hokage, may I ask why?" I questioned. "Your medical ninjutsu and healing abilities are extraordinary, they're better than normal nurses, of course. Also it's comparable to my student's medical ninjutsu, Senju Tsunade. Or just perhaps better." the hokage responded coolly and I heard another wave of gasps. Whoever this Senju Tsunade is... they must be a very good healer. To receive a compliment like this from the hokage is a big deal. Without a doubt, there will be more rumors now. 

"I'd like to refuse, after all, I don't know how to run a hospital..." I chuckled while scratching the back of my head. "I can always have some people assist you" I quickly said, "I'm too young" while he responded, "Age doesn't matter" So true. God dammit! He's not leaving me any choice!  I sighed, "Very well..." There goes practically all my free time.... I regret everything. I or rather we, all the anbu and jounin present followed the hokage back to his office. We received our pay and was dismissed while I stayed behind.

"When do I start?" I asked when we were alone (excluding the anbu guards that were hidden in the shadows), "In 4 days, you'll start" he responded. I nodded and excused myself. I started walking back home and decided to take a detour after everything that happened. I still can't believe I'm the head of the hospital now... not only that... the hospital is the biggest one.... I sighed and spot an herb shop from the corner of my eye. I might as well buy some herbs for myself since the herbs at the hospital are probably only used for patients. 

I roamed around the shop while earning some weird gazes which I ignored. I picked some herbs here and there and stopped at the poisonous herb section. Might as well buy some poison while I'm at it.... Picked some herbs got some lab equipment and walked back home. I went inside and had to explain to the animals and ghosts about my absence. I put down my bags of herbs in a corner before realizing how small the apartment is. 

I should go to the hokage to buy a bigger house when I get enough ryo. I created 2 clones to cook dinner and organize my herbs while I went to shower. Changed into my nightgown and ate dinner with the others before noticing another red head woman phase through the wall with a diamond on her forehead, my eyes widened at the sight of the diamond. She has the byakugou seal! 

She approached Hashirama and said, "There you are, I've been looking for you. Why are you here anyway?" Hashirama chuckled and responded, "I found someone who could talk to ghosts, it feels nice to be able to talk to someone alive after being dead for years" he smiled while the woman's eyes widened and turned to my direction to see me looking directly at her. 

"I didn't know that you could see ghosts, my name is Uzumaki Mito" she said, "She's my wife" Hashirama cut in. I smiled and curtsied, "I'm Masaki Himeko, it's a pleasure to meet you Mito-sama" She smiled, "Likewise". She peered at my supply of herbs, "You're a medical ninja?" She questioned while I nodded in response. "I am, the hokage just had me become the head of the Konoha hospital which, unfortunately it's the biggest hospital in Konoha." Everyone's eyes widened like saucers. 

"My singing can heal people, in other words, I can heal others from a long distance. Not only that I'm quite knowledgeable when it comes to making medications and antidotes" I continued, "The hokage also said my healing is comparable or probably better than his student, whose known as Senju Tsunade" I finished. Everyone's eyes widened even more, "Comparable or better than Tsuna's?" I tilted my head in confusion, "Tsuna? Is she perhaps a family member of yours?" Hashirama nodded while chuckling then laughing soon after.

"She's my granddaughter, I remember spoiling her back then to the point she even got my gambling habits!" I sweat dropped while I saw Minato and Kushina sweat dropped did as well. Tobirama looked like he was done with life while Mito told him to shut up before turning to me. "Please ignore my embarrassing husband." As soon as she said that, Hashirama got in his depression corner resulting with me, Minato and Kushina sweat dropping at the undignified hokage. 

I ignored Hashirama's quirky personality and turned to Mito as she explained, "My granddaughter, Tsunade is the best medical shinobi in history, she's known as one of the legendary 3 sannins, and is known as the 'Slug Queen'." My eyes widened, "Oh my, how impressive" Mito nodded before continuing. "She surpassed me in terms of medical ninjutsu and has also acquired the Byakugou seal." Tsunade is known as the best medical shinobi in history, there's no doubt that my name will spread across the nations since I received such compliment from the hokage himself. 

I looked at the clock to see that it was nearly 1 in the afternoon before turning back to the others. "I'm going to go sleep now, I didn't get any sleep for almost 24 hours..." I trailed off before shuffling to my bedroom. I took out a piece of paper and a brush and started writing a note.

———————————————————————————

I won't be able to train Sasuke today since I haven't slept last night due to the mission.

From, Masaki Himeko

———————————————————————————

I had a little handful of my butterflies go deliver the note to the Uchiha family while I laid down in bed and waited for a few minutes. I had to stay up a bit longer before sleeping since my butterflies were connected to my consciousness. After watching through my butterflies' eyes deliver the note to Mikoto-sama, I fell asleep immediately. 

1379 words