24- Chunin Exams: Start!

Seraphina's POV:

Me and Itachi turned around to face Garra (With Shisui screaming from the background), "Hello, please ignore my friend, my name is Uchiha Itachi" Itachi says while we heard a dramatic gasp. We all whirled to see Shisui with his hand over his chest with Shisui having a fake shocked expression. Itachi and I turned around, giving our full attention to the redette and ignoring Shisui.

"Itachi, Himeko-chan! How can you ignore your one and only best friend like that?!" Shisui said, "I'm hurt!" Itachi and I rolled our eyes playfully before retorting, "Shut up, Shisui." Shisui pouted and got in his depressoin corner while shouting "Rude!" We both sweat dropped at the elder Uchiha's antics before turning our attention back to Garra.

"He's Uchiha Shisui." The moment I said that, Shisui decides to pop out of nowhere with a hand over his chest. He puffed his chest proudly, "Uchiha Shisui at your service!" before Itachi punched him in the stomach to make him choke on his own spit while patting his back roughly with a fake smile plastered for Shisui and only Shisui. Deserved. He definitely deserves it after dropping Itachi.

I snickered, "Ignore those two" I said while Shisui yelped. Apparently he bit his tongue hard due to Itachi patting, no scratch that. He was slapping his back hard with a fake smile plastered on his face. Garra eyed them strangely before deciding to ignore them. "Why are you here?" He asked after imputing Shisui and Itachi into his irrelevant list. That's a good question...

"Well, we saw you up here stargazing and thought you could use some company so we decided to join you." I said with a smile on my face. The boy was clearly questioning whether or not he should let us before nodding. I smiled while I quickly yanked both Shisui and Itachi to my side and sat down beside Garra. For that entire night the 4 of us stargazed silently and enjoyed the silence.

Later on the sun was rising so we quickly bid Garra good bye and went back to our inn. We repeated this a few times before the chunin exams was about to start.

We went to the Kazekage's office to know what the exams are going to be about. The first exam was going to be a written exam while the second one was going to be dropping the genins somewhere in the desert filled with scorpions and other man-eating animals. The written exam was to test the genins' ability to gather information while the second exam was for them to use teamwork and get a red stone and blue stone from the other genins and get back to the village quickly.

After a few hours, the chunin exams officially started with me and Itachi being hidden in with the genins. We were using the transformation jutsu to disguise ourselves as normal genins for the other genins to cheat off our papers. Shisui was the instructor while the other jounins and anbus were in the room to watch the genins trying to cheat.

Itachi and I entered the room, blended in with the other genins while watching the other genins converse with each other. After a few minutes, the jounins and anbu come in while Shisui body flickered in front of the podium. The genins were focused on the jounins and anbu while wondering who the proctor was until they turned their attention to the podium to see Shisui standing there with a stoic facade on.

Their jaws dropped while the girls drooled and fangirled over Shisui's looks. I sat there, laid back while talking to Itachi with hand signs. "Alright! We'll be doing a written exam for the first round! I will not bother to explain the rules but just letting you know, get caught more than 3 times and you're out!" He exclaimed. Soon after the papers were handed out, He sat on the podium observing the genins.

Itachi and I wrote down all the answers on our paper then we laid back while observing all the genins. Genins and their teams were called out a lot, I was starting to get bored and so I doodled a message in code that said, 'Hi Shisui' then put down my pencil. After a few minutes, Shisui announced that the exam was over then revealed the fact that he had an anbu and a jounin hiding in the room disguised as genins.

Itachi and I took that as a cue to undo the transformation jutsu. 2 poofs went off in the middle of the room to reveal Itachi and I standing there. This resulted with a bunch of girls fangirling Itachi while a bunch of boys fanboyed over me. Itachi body flickered and I used Luminous Step to get in front of the room while Itachi announced, "We are your next proctors, meet us at the front of the village gates" and just like that Itachi body flickered out of the room while I used Luminous Step again to follow him.

We waited in front of the gates of the village for a few minutes and soon saw a bunch of genins running towards us like a stampede. If they keep on running that pace, they're going to crash into us. Sighing in annoyance, I jumped on top of the gates while Itachi who seemed to think the same thing, he jumped on top of the gates as well. The genins tried to stop themselves but ended up falling on top of each other which resulted with a huge pile of genins on top of each other.

Ouch... whoever's at the bottom of that pile is suffering the most.... I cleared my throat to get their attention. "Welcome to the 2nd test, in this test, you'll be trying to get 2 different stones. You'll be trying to get a red stone and a blue stone which will be scattered across the desert." I said while Itachi took over for me, "There are 14 red and blue stones scattered throughout the desert." A genin shouted, "Wait, wouldn't that mean only 14 teams can pass?!" Then I took over, "That's right. Your goal is to bring a red stone and a blue stone back to the village. There will be a kanji on both stones that tells you where to bring the stones to in the village."

Right after that, Itachi took over again. "In order to pass the 2nd test, you are to bring both stones back to the location in the village in 5 days. Anymore than that then you're out. The test shall start now!" The genins raced off into the desert in different directions while we looked at the retreating silhouettes.

"Well, we should go and watch them." I said before we started jumping rooftop to rooftop towards the surveillance room. There were cameras scattered throughout the desert for the chunin exams to watch how the genins do. I was quite bored so I asked I could go back to the inn which was sadly denied. Welp, I'll have to watch genins try killing each other for the stones.

The thought of this made me scrunch up my face in disgust. Whoever came up with the concept of the chunin exams are absolute idiots for putting literal children against each other and having some of them die in the process are out of their mind. In order to put my mind off the chunin exams, I started planning some more training exercises for Sasuke, thinking of what I should do to improve the hospital, how to perfect my special clone and more.

After staying in the surveillance room for the first day, Shisui, Itachi, the rest of the leaf jounins, anbus and I went back to the inn to sleep. We repeated this for the next 4 days until it was time for the preliminaries.

1313 words