Chapter 8

"You might think that I'm reckless...... or stupid."

"I guess so"

"But... I don't regret doing that."

Grand Duke Estin raised one eyebrow as if he didn't understand what I meant by "no regrets."

"I would have done that again if I could turn back time."

"I have no regrets."

To be honest, as an 18-year-old Ha Sohee, I would scold the nine-year-old Mary for recklessly stealing money from the director's office to give it to orphanage children.

But I wanted to say it.

It was the most obvious option I could have had at the time, although it was reckless and someone might point out that it was the wrong way.

No, it was the only option I had.

After saying that, my tears welled up so I bit my lower lip.

As my tears welled up, the silhouette of Grand Duke Estin in front of me trembled.

I raised my head slightly because I thought it would be embarrassing to make a path of tears in my cheeks, but the tears flowed faster than that.

"Miss, are you crying?"

I quickly wiped away my tears at Lucas's quick-witted but tactless comment.

You're really quick to sense. But you shouldn't.

Grand Duke Estin sighed quietly as if he saw me wiping my tears.

I can't believe I cried while being scolded.

The sigh of Grand Duke Estin made me feel smaller.

This wasn't the first meeting I thought of.

I tried to practice smiling for the first time.

I wanted to show that I grew up this well without being discouraged in the orphanage.

To Ha Sohee's parents and grandmother. I wanted to show them that I can grow up well without their care......

Beyond the Grand Duke's wide shoulders, I could see Lucas staring at me with a confused expression.

I was so grateful and sorry that I made this chilly atmosphere, so even if I tried to stop crying quickly, the tear glands were like properly broken, and it kept dripping.

Even if I remembered my past life, I think it's because I'm still a 9-year-old kid.

Why do I keep crying the more I try to stop?

"I see."

"Hik. What?"

Oh, my voice cracked.

I'm really good at crying and squeaking.

While I was fidgeting, the Grand Duke's hand carefully approached my head.

Is the Grand Duke patting my head right now?

I was so surprised by the unexpected touch that I stopped crying.

As I blinked while looking at the air, tears that had not yet flowed from my eyes flowed.

Am I mistaken if it seems like there has been a subtle change in his facial expression that used to feel like a blank space?

"But from now on, don't do anything reckless again."

"......Yes."

I sniffed at his words.

I guess you're doing this because you were worried.