Chapter 16

Seeing him smile as if he doesn't know anything about the world, my anger began to fade little by little to the point where even I was dumbfounded.

Demimore had to be let out of here finely without any injury at all.

But why is the Second Prince in Giefroy, a territory of Conler?

While Carol was preparing the meal again, Demimore and I were forced into the kitchen to help.

What... They don't have anything prepared for the people they kidnapped!?

The kitchen that I went into with reluctant steps only has a stove. It's too much to call it a kitchen. This reminds me of old memories. It's similar to when I was in the orphanage.

Carol, who wiped her tears, lit the stove again. While looking at the figure, I approached and squatted next to her and spoke carefully.

"Ahm, are you okay......?"

"This doesn't happen once or twice. I'm all right."

"I thought it would hurt......."

Carrol said it doesn't happen once or twice, so I peeked at her legs and as expected, there were blue bruises on her white legs. There are so many bruises in parts I can see, what more in the parts I can't see. Carol smiled vaguely when I stared sadly because I felt sorry for her even though I had never seen her before.

"But how did you get dragged here?"

"It's just....."

"You're still this young......, Wait a minute."

Carol, who was looking at me with worried eyes, covered her mouth with her hands.

Oh, she saw my eyes.

I felt somewhat awkward and rubbed my eyes with my index finger.

"Hey, if it's not rude, are you the young lady of Conler......?"

"Ah, yes."

"They're really crazy, aren't they?"

Indeed, Carol slumped to her seat. If she finds out that the boy behind her is the second prince of this empire, she'll lie on the floor

Oh, Demimore.

As I turned around and looked at Demimore, Demimore shrugged his shoulders as if he was wondering what was going on.

You already knew who I was. I figured out who he was by the description of his appearance. He must have known who I was with the color of my hair and eyes.

"But how did Carol get here?"

Why is a girl younger than I thought working in this dangerous place getting hit by that garbage? Carol laughed bitterly as she boiled the soup.

"My father died, and my mother was sick. I'm also the first of three sons and two daughters, and I'm the only one who can make money at home because they're still young."

"Isn't there a better place?"

"There aren't many places on this planet that would hire a girl like me."

Listening to Carol, I felt depressed and leaned my face on my knee without realizing it. Seeing me like that, Carol said in a brighter voice, not knowing what to do anymore.

"But I get paid a little bit to buy my mother's medicine, and my younger siblings don't starve! I'm really fine!"

I held Carol's hand carefully. Carol's hands were very rough for her age. With my thumb, I carefully swept the back of Carol's hand. I pouted my lower lips without realizing it. This darkness exists in the largest city of the Great Conler, One of the best-known City in Britina Empire in the Kaya Continent.