Chapter 62

And what came out of it was......

A rabbit.

"Ah..."

That made me nervous, I can't believe it was just a rabbit. I was about to feel a little empty, but I came to my senses again.

Should I catch a rabbit first? If Cameron catches a squirrel. Then I win, right?

With that thought, I tried to shoot the rabbit with my arrow, but I kept hesitating.

It was so cute; it's tilting its head at me as if it doesn't know what's going on.......

I kept watching it, eventually I let go of the arrow and just sat down. The rabbit hopped and came to my front, it's not afraid of me. How can I shoot it?

Let's catch a bigger one. The rabbit is too cute.......

"Don't go to the right. Just stay here. Got it?"

I told the rabbit, got up, and headed for the other side again. Why aren't there any other wild animals? Is it because I'm walking too openly?

Should I use camouflage?

I found some wet mud and dabbed it on my face. Think of it as a mud pack and I picked up a branch and put it in my head. Should I put flowers on it......that's right.

After camouflaging like this, I felt like I had a new mindset.

Yeah, I'm just trying to make myself feel better.

I lowered myself as much as I could and wandered around looking for prey. No, why is the hunting ground so quiet?

It was really strange no matter how much I thought about it. Come to think of it...... There was only this dense tree, but there was no grass. Without grass, there would be few herbivores, and without herbivores, there would be no carnivores.

"Is this a hunting ground?"

How can it be this empty?

***

How long has it been?

The sun was setting little by little. The men at the table were just silent and still.

All eyes were fixed only on the road where Mary entered. Lucas' legs were even shaking. Rex said after pondering.

"Should I use my ability?"

Rex's words drew everyone's attention to him. Rex's face, which had never received such attention before, quickly heated up.

"You mean necromancy?"

"Show us!"

Theodore, who was interested in Rex's ability, said with his eyes shining. Rex thought that if there were any dead beasts on the mountain, he would use it to call Mary.

"There are many eyes, do not use your ability."

Estin shook his head at Rex's suggestion. The people on the other side were the people of the first prince, and Count Stein was not to be taken lightly.

Rex's ability was already secretly spread, but it was clear that if he showed it in detail, it would have a bad influence on young Rex. Some people already tried to bully Rex even though the rumors were ambiguous.

"Still..."

"Mary will do well alone."

"She might feel lonely walking alone......."

"......but won't it be scarier if a dead beast follows her!"

When Theodore spoke to Rex, Gilbert stamped on Theodore's foot and said to Rex in a soft voice.