Chapter 72

In a sizable indoor garden inside the palace, Estin stood before the emperor. This particular space was a special place for the emperor and he took great pride in it. Given how much he adored flowers, Britina's emperor was prepared to airlift every unusual plant from both the Kaya Continent and the Britina Empire. This indoor garden is the end result. Flowers from regions with warmer climates than Britina were imported and placed in this spacious garden. Perhaps this is why it was filled with much more colorful flowers than the flowers in the garden outside the palace; there were even statues in the shape of angels.

It was known as the Garden of the Angels. Even nobles could not enter the area with ease. As a result, in the empire, it was regarded as a legendary location. The desire to visit this location was shared throughout the empire. Estin, on the other hand, who was sitting in a comfortable position in a difficult-to-enter location, was sadly not generous in his assessment of the angel's garden. Should a garden the size of an aristocrat's mansion be constructed indoors when there is already one outside? Isn't that a bit much? However, he did not bother to ask a rather simple question out loud.

The emperor in front of him smiled softly as if he understood Estin's twisted way of thinking. It appeared to be a smile that matched the temperature of this indoor garden at first glance.

A maid in charge of the indoor garden broke the awkward silence by bringing tea. The emperor gently stopped the maid from pouring the tea, then poured the tea himself into Estin's teacup and said quietly.

"It's a precious tea that I had to work hard to obtain this time."

"I see."

"It is said that only remarkable people can obtain this precious tea, which only grows in the southernmost part of the Larvia empire."

At the words, Grand Duke Estin grinned a little and lifted his glass to enjoy the tea's aroma. Estin did not actually drink the tea; instead, he just smelled it. The emperor's eyebrows slightly raised in response to the strange behavior.

"It's Mander."

"......you know it well."

"I've heard it's a very toxic plant, and it takes about a month for the toxins to be removed. That is why it is a difficult tea to obtain."

His voice initially seems languid and bored-sounding. Estin used his index finger to gently wipe the teacup's rim. The emperor did not speak; he simply stared at Estin.

"A tea like this only appears in two instances."

"Two instances?"

"When a truly precious visitor arrives."

"......."

"Or when the individual you want to poison arrives."

Estin raised the teacup he had been tinkering with after speaking. He then drank Mander tea while maintaining an unwavering gaze on the emperor.

"It has a rich flavor, perhaps because it is a precious tea."

"I really can't beat you."

The strange tension between Estin and the emperor dissipated as the latter laughed as though he couldn't win. Estin was someone he couldn't defeat, despite the fact that he is the emperor. Knowing what card your opponent holds is necessary to defeat them. Estin was, ironically, not a person whose cards you couldn't read. On the other hand, he shows his cards as much as his opponent desires.

'Yes, as much as they want to see.'

Estin was a person who could reveal as much of his hand as his opponent desired while still feeling comfortable. That gave him a headache. As if a pawn had penetrated the opponent's camp and transformed into a queen. (TL/N: like the game chess)