Chapter 68

There was a lake. It was a lake covered with blue solitude. The lake was lush with dense bushes, except for one place. In that place, there was a sheer meadow and a temple.

Temple? Is that a temple?

The white stone building had columns facing each other, forming a circular chapel and next to it was a laurel tree, behind the tree was a man standing still.

The man kept looking at the temple. It was a persistent and lonely gaze. The man, who had only been looking, approached the temple gradually as his surroundings became dark.

The persistent, lonely gaze soon became dismal. The laurel tree made a mournful sound. For some reason, when I woke up, I felt sad.

"Hmm."

I was just watching the scene but my body became sweaty. A painful sound came out. The sweat cooled me down. I was just definitely looking at it, but why is the man's gaze stuck in my body?

I stood up as if possessed and headed to the window. I leaned on it and looked at the moon in the night sky. It's not a scary dream, but why do I get chills? I opened the door and went out. Being in the room alone makes me feel strange.

Moonlight illuminated the desolate corridor. I didn't know where to go, so I just wandered around the mansion. Since it was dawn, it was quiet without a single person passing by.

Where is that place and who is that man?

Actually, I'm familiar with this dream. It was a dream I had from time to time when I was Ha Sohee.I had no idea I'd dream of this even after becoming Mary. My grandmother used to stroke my hair after I woke up from a sweat-filled sleep, but now that she isn't here, I can't do that...... I just had to stay up all night.

'Now you have a family who will take care of you....'

As I continued to walk like that, I wandered in front of Grand Duke Estin's bedroom.

Can I come in.......

I pondered at the door for a moment. Can I come in? This is the first time I've been in Grand Duke Estin's bedroom. I hesitated for a moment. Someone who will look after me instead of my grandmother, who is no longer by my side.The only person I can think of is Grand Duke Estin.

I carefully raised my hand and knocked. Are you sleeping? Should I knock one more time and leave if there's no answer? I knock a little harder than before. There was no answer again.

I guess he's sleeping.

I should just go back.Still, I felt sorry for some reason, so I wandered around for a while. When I go back to my room alone, I'll just...... wait till the morning comes. I'll just have to endure it somehow. As I was about to turn around...

"What's going on?"

"Ack!"

The voice of Grand Duke Estin, who I thought was in the room, was heard from behind me. I was so surprised that I screamed. Looking at his wet hair and gown, he seemed to have taken a bath at this time. He had a frown in his left eye as if my shouting had hurt his ears.

"Didn't you sleep?"

"I did...... I slept."

"You slept?"

"I had a scary dream..."

As I spoke, Grand Duke Estin listened intently and cast a silent gaze my way. Oh, was it too much to come all the way here just because I had a little nightmare? I'm not five or six years old. I looked at the floor for a moment, then smiled as brightly as I could.

"But it's okay now! Hurry up and go to bed. I'll go and sleep, too."

As I was talking like that, Grand Duke Estin, who was quietly observing me, lifted me up. I'm not surprised now because I've been carried by him a few times now, I'm quite comfortable. Are you trying to take me to my room? When I looked at him with round eyes, Grand Duke Estin smiled at me.