Chapter 15

I was thinking hard about where to shoot, when I heard a beautiful voice like a fine wind right next to me. I turned my head slightly to the place where I heard the sound, wondering what that meant, and a boy who looked my age was walking along my steps.

When did he come?

No matter how distracted I am, how did you hide your presence like this and come to me?

"Who is it?"

It was clear that the people who took me had the same thought. They hid me behind them, wary of the boy. The boy gave a friendly smile as he made eye contact with me behind them.

Why are you smiling?

Do I look like I'm in the mood to smile along? I really want to spit at his smiling face, but that kid was the only one who could save me right now. I responded to the smile with the most pitiful eyes. I bet my odds as that faint hope

"Who is he?"

But the people who took me, snorted as if the boy who looked my age seemed easy. I don't have much faith either, but.......

Still...?

"Are you trying to be an apostle of justice?"

"Apostle Of justice?"

The boy asked back innocently, as if he were asking about what they meant, in their derisive sarcasm. In response, the hope I had on the child disappeared a little again.

"Didn't you come to us to save this child?"

"Oh, right."

He shrugs his head and responds lightly as if he is asking what is so obvious about the weasel's point. The little hope that disappeared springs up. Isn't this a proper torture of hope?

No, if you really wanted to save me, a little more... How should I say it? With dignity! Shouldn't you take out a knife and threaten these weasels?

Am I asking too much for someone who is being saved?

"Hey, young man. Are you trying to pretend to be a knight on a white horse? just go."

"You better let her go."

The moment the boy spoke with a slight smile the flow of air changed subtly. Is it an illusion created by my earnest desire? The boy's red eyes set off a peculiar atmosphere.

"What are you going to do if we don't let her go?"

The weasel also asked in a more serious voice as if he had read the boy's changed atmosphere.

At the question, the boy bowed his head and smiled slightly as if he was dumbfounded. Come to think of it, the boy has not lost his composure. So, if I think I can see the "dignity" I was hoping for earlier.......

"Well, I haven't thought about it."

"What?"

Yeah, it was just my delusion. I guess that dignity earlier was just an imagination. Maybe he's not losing his composure because he doesn't have any thoughts of saving me.

"Do you think we will just let her go just because you ordered us?"

I realized when I saw the weasel group who seemed to be more dumbfounded by the boy tilting his head as if he was wondering.

You've become X.

The hope that existed in me, even though it was very sparse, flew over the sky, saying, "No."

Yeah, I was a fool. I wanted too much from a kid my age at best.

I sent a message with a strong eye telling him to run away, but his eyes, which seemed to have been beautifully carved red ruby, were smiling as if he didn't understand my mind.