Chapter 57

"Miss Mary, you're putting too much pressure on your shoulders."

Hestia said, tapping my shoulder as I closed one of my eyes and measured the distance of the target plate, I tried to relax my shoulders as much as possible, but it seems that the tension was not completely relieved.

I took several deep breaths, closed my eyes and relaxed. I tried to erase Cameron from my head as much as I could.

I could only feel the fresh wind. I opened one eye again and looked at the target.

"Now."

As soon as I let go of the bowstring, the arrow flew and hit the target.

Of course, it's stuck on the side not the center, but it's stuck on the target board without Hestia's help. As I was starting to feel proud of myself.

Clap, clap!

I heard applause from behind me. When I turned around I saw the knights who were training, clapping behind me.

"That's great, Miss Mary!"

"You're talented"

"We'll have to train hard so we won't fall behind."

It was the first time the knights cheered and praised me. When I looked at Hestia with a proud expression, Hestia showed me her thumb. I smiled broadly at the feeling of being recognized.

"Then, let's stop and go in."

"What?"

"You should go and eat."

"But...... I think I've got the hang of it now."

Hestia took the arrow out of my hand, completely unconcerned when I spoke with a curt look. I jammed my hands a few times with regret.

Hestia took my hand, looked at my palm, and sighed.

"You got a scratch on your hand, miss."

"What?"

At Hestia's words, I looked at my right hand. There is a slight but deep cut on the index finger, which is bleeding. I was so focused that I didn't notice I was hurt. When I saw the wound, it started to hurt.

"I'll stop by the clinic and get some ointment; you can go wash up first."

Judging from Hestia's expression, I thought if I didn't go now, she wouldn't let me hold a bow again. So I nodded and quickly headed for the castle.

"Sister!"

"Rex!"

As if he was waiting in front of the gate until my training is over, Rex ran to me with a water bottle. Since I was thirsty, I took a bottle of water from Rex and gulped it down.

"Oh, it's so refreshing!"

"I asked Bonita to put herbs in the water."

No wonder the water felt cooler than usual. I held the bottle of water and smiled at Rex. Rex, who was smiling at me, looked worried again.

"Are you okay?"

"Oh, I'm all right."

"I think your hand is bleeding......."

"Hestia said she'd bring some ointment."

Rex only smiled brightly at my words. I asked carefully what I was curious about.

"Cameron is..."

As we entered the castle, I asked Rex carefully about Cameron's whereabouts. Rex hesitated for a moment but spoke carefully, taking the bottle from my hand. Rex didn't seem to want to talk about Cameron for too long.