Chapter 98

Logan's expression was depressing as he said that. His confession made Lucas, who seemed to dislike him, serious.

"She is someone Lucas and the Grand Duke are familiar with."

"Baroness Bruno is my sister."

Maria Hale, who later changed her name to Maria Bruno, was a kind person. She was kind to his half-brother, who was born to a lowly mother. She was so kind that she couldn't kill a bug.

He found it hard to believe that such a kind person would go to such lengths to save her daughter. He described everything as though he were confessing...

The underworld king was someone he wanted to torn apart and killed.

"I tried to help that idiot, so I worked as Baron Bruno's assistant, but I found Master Rex to be more fascinating."

Even after telling such an amazing story, Logan's eyes remained unwavering. Estin looked at Logan and reminded him that he had been blessed by the demon. He has such a strong will that even Conler's powerful energy could not shake him.

"If there is a weak and desperate man in the empire, they will find him."

"That's just a probability."

"It has a pretty high hit rate."

Logan said arrogantly. With a smile on his face, Estin asked sharply while listening.

"How are you planning to tear down and kill the Underworld King?"

"First and foremost, I want to develop Master Rex's power, and I must now discover the Miss' secret."

Lucas wanted to applaud as he responded without hesitation to the unexpected question. He took back what he thought was offensive to him. Lucas was confident that he and Logan would get along well.

"So, am I to believe that I share the Grand Prince's predicament?"

"Of course."

Logan sighed as he stared into Estin's dark eyes. He at last had a capable captain. Even though it will be challenging for this ship to navigate, it will still pass directly through the waves.

"I'm confident I'll succeed in my goals, so allow me to share what I know with you."

Logan's voice became hushed and covert.

Right now, strange things are taking place in the capital.

"What's happening?"

"There are some young girls who have been reported missing."

"Do you mean to say that there have been kidnapping incidents in Britania?"

"If such things had occurred, the emperor would have reacted, but instead it is this quiet."

Estin and Lucas responded as though Logan's remarks were absurd. The emperor would have asked the imperial's marionette to look into the matter if there are multiple ladies involved.

Even Lucas, who is generally well-informed, had never heard of this before. It was impossible for Lucas to remain unaware of these rumors. However, Logan continued to speak anyway.

"What if the story isn't interesting enough for the emperor to listen to?"

"What do you mean?"

"They're not noble children."

With Logan's meaningful words, Estin immediately caught a clue. A story of darkness that the emperor doesn't need to know.

"The missing girls were orphanage children, and they assumed the girls simply ran away because they suddenly vanished."