Chapter 78

"Hmm?"

What are you talking about? I gave him a serious look because I didn't understand what he was saying, and Demimore chuckled loudly as if it were funny.

"Let's do it, then."

"......."

"Mary may not know, but this is really precious; in fact, I feel more obligated to you. I think it would be impolite to decline, so I'll accept it for the time being."

That was my intention, you idiot.

Demimore exaggeratedly raised his hands and grinned as if he couldn't defeat me.

"I'll give it to you if you ask me to return it later."

"Taking something you gave is the cheapest thing to do."

Demimore placed his hand on my head. Why are you holding onto another person's head? Demimore looked quite perplexed when I turned my head to look at him.

"What..."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Demimore quickly apologized and withdrew as I cautiously opened my mouth. No, I should be more surprised than you are, but why do you seem more surprised? He looked so surprised, I couldn't possibly be more surprised.

"Really. I'm really sorry."

"No, it's alright. Why are you suddenly acting like that?"

Did the original Mary become obsessed with Demimore when she received this gaze from him? Demimore stared at me with eyes that seemed to contain the sun, which is warm and friendly.

"Because you're cute,"

When I heard that, I took a step back from Demimore and covered my mouth with my palm.

"I didn't want to say it because I figured you would be like this,"

Demimore smiled, his eyes bent, as he saw my astonished expression. You said it despite knowing that this would happen.

Demimore fiddled with his ears as he stared at me in silence.

"Shall we go back, Lady Mary?"

Without saying anything, I nodded in agreement because it appeared that he was going to take me to the location where the salon had originally been held. I was still covering my mouth with my palm. I walked as far away from Demimore as I could.

Demimore stopped as we continued to walk in silence.

"Mary."

I turned my neck like an ungreased robot and looked at Demimore.

"Are you going to keep your distance like this?"

"Yes..."

"Cancel."

"......."

"I'm canceling it. I take back the cute comment. Mary is not cute at all. Okay?"

Phew, that's how it's gonna come out.

Demimore raised his hand and gestured for me to get closer as I lowered the hand that was covering my mouth. I thought he was surprised, and I was overreacting, so I rushed up to him. Demimore laughed when I made an awkward smile.

"Do you not think you're cute?"

"No, I'm cute."

"What?"

Demimore asked back in a dumbfounded tone. Even though I am now Mary, I can't deny how cute she is.

Regardless of Demimore's gaze, I brazenly continued.