Chapter 76

Looking at the two who were staring at each other, I felt compelled to leave. The third wheel should be removed. Now that I think about it, they look great together. According to the original, this was the true beginning. I'm not supposed to be in this situation. Yes, I am aware. Although I am aware of this, I am a little resentful. Actually, no.... It's been a while since I met Astina. There were numerous things I wished to tell her.

"Then I'll leave now......."

There will, however, be another opportunity someday, and if I don't stay out of their way, I'll have to go to Nicor. OOh, right! I need to give Demimore the Laminaicho.

"Where are you going?"

As I tried to slink away, Demimore and Astina simultaneously spoke while looking at me. They're in sync ? I panicked a little, but the two of them didn't care and were focusing only on me. Right now, it's a little... Are you using me because you find it awkward to be with each other?

"Oh, I think I need to leave."

"It's been a while, Mary!"

Astina's eyes were drooping gradually as opposed to my cat eyes, which went up. It was Astina's distinct expression when she was upset. Astina, who resembled a crying puppy, was actually quite dangerous.

"I'm disappointed."

Disappointed? What are you disappointed with? At Demimore's remarks, I tilted my head. No, now is not the time for you two to cling to me. Don't you know you two must fall in love?

"You guys..."

Sophia's voice was heard. She shivered. She didn't appear to be able to speak properly. Sophia stared at Astina for a moment and then disappeared. The group next to Sophia also followed suit.

It's strange, no matter how hard I think about it.

Why would Sophia do that? I thought 'Mary' was the only who would do such a stupid thing. Wasn't 'Mary' the only stupid villain in this area?

Why did she do that?

Why is Sophia taking on the role of "Mary"? Did Sophia have to come forward because 'Mary' was like that in the original? In the original, Mary, like Astina, was raised in an orphanage and eventually got engaged. Sophia doesn't have many connections, and she doesn't seem to like Demimore, so why did this happen? Given that she didn't properly answer Astina's question, it appears that she has no idea why. She doesn't hate her because she didn't get the dress.

I was thinking about it as I watched Sophia's back disappear, but I was interrupted by a tap on the back. When I turned around, Astina was smiling.

Mary has once more helped me.

"I told you friends shouldn't say things like that."

"Even so, thank you......."

Astina spoke while wriggling her fingers. Looking at her little habits reminds me of the first time I met her...... I couldn't help but feel proud of her because she was so much more mature than the original. Is this the reason people choose their preferred characters?

"Still, Astina."

"What?"

"You've grown up a lot."

I was genuinely shocked. Astina rarely talks and relies solely on those around her for assistance.

"It's all thanks to Mary."

"What?"

"In fact, whenever I felt weak, I remembered what Mary told me: you told me not to be a pushover because there are times in life where you have to face it alone......"