I

They can't be together. That's for sure. Jour Thames once dreamed of marrying the man of her life. Deruth Henituse, the heir to Count Henituse's Family. She trembled at the sight of her love taking someone else's hands. Her hands shook as her tears continued to flow to her cheeks.

It was a mistake.

Falling in love that is.

She breathes deeply and decided to walk away. She did not have the strength to confront Deruth.

She knew. She knew from the start that they were never meant for each other. Deruth has to marry someone his family decided to continue their line. He was bound to marry someone of equal standing to protect the Henituse from anything.

Not her.

It can't be her.

It can't be from the cursed Thames Family.

"That was enough." Falling in love and spend what little time they had. She is happy that she was able to live her life to the fullest with the man she loved. She did not care for anything. She didn't think it was cursed moreover, she felt blessed.

She knew her time won't allow her to spend it until the end with him.

So this is enough.

She can raise her child even without their father. She can protect them with everything the Thames Family left her. She is not alone. The Thames Family in seclusion will accept her.

"Jour." She raised her head and smiled at her father. "let's go back, where we are supposed to be, Jour."

**

A year after...

**

Where am I? Kim Rok Soo asked the first time he opened his eyes. He was enjoying reading the cheesy Birth of a Hero until the sixth volume but somehow, he ended up in a western house set up, and... fuck! Why are my limbs and fingers small?!

"uwahhhhh!" why am I crying like a child?! He panicked hearing his voice. He was so confused but he felt the light tap on his cheeks. A redhead baby is looking at him to calm down.

Calm down, big brother. That's what he heard. It's a bit childish but he heard the voice inside his head.

Who are you? He asked.

The redhead coo and replies inside his head, I am Cale... I was supposed to be Cale Henituse... but it seems that we are reborn in a different world.

Different world? He blankly asked. Being in a sci-fi thing I sure blew his mind out!

You are supposed to be in my place as Cale Henituse but it seems we got in the wrong setup.

Kim Rok Soo stared at the baby redhead.

This time, I am my father's illegitimate son and so you are.

He can't believe this. Kim Rok Soo wanted to cry but the redhead boy looked at him pleading. Please don't cause the mother any problem, you are also her child now.

Not long after, a beautiful red hair lady appeared. The tender palms cupped his cheeks and lovingly look at him. He heard a light chuckle from him supposed to be a brother. He was suddenly lifted up and carefully placed in a woman's arms. "Why is my little Rok crying?"

The beautiful woman, his mother, cooed and kissed his cheeks. His eyes widen at the sudden gesture but the woman smiled tenderly at him. He was slowly rocked back and forth, with a lullaby. The song was familiar and at the same endearing.