III

Hyung... where are you?

Cale... I'm going to work... just concentrate on getting better, alright?

Yes, Hyung... be safe.

It's been a week since Cale had fallen ill. Rok asked for work from the Count since they just can't be freeloading in the county. When the Count asked him what work he liked, he instantly replied working with books and shelves. Unknown to him, the Count thought something while keeping an eye on them. He was made to clean the Henituse Library.

But since Rok loved books so much, he forgot about his cleaning duties and emersed himself in reading books. If there's heaven on earth it's the library. There are few legends, folktales, and novels to his liking. With a broom and feather duster on his side, he sat on the floor and read a few books before totally cleaning them. It wasn't that hard. The library was big but the shelves are quite height friendly and there are the winding stairs to the second floor.

The countess often caught him reading but she never reprimanded him. He would often earn a pat on his head and a few books to share with his brother. All in all, they weren't that strict and they were too friendly for children. There was one time that they asked to be moved to the servant's quarter but it seems that red hair is considered a guest although they are nobody.

At lunch, Rok left the library to eat with Cale. This had been their habit ever since they were young. They got too use to each other presence so this is pretty much normal.

He was walking in the halls when he heard a child crying. He was curious about whose child it was, so he peeked into the room where the crying sound was. There's a toddler in the crib crying. By the looks of it, he was hungry or uncomfortable, but Rok was thankful it was the former.

He approached the crib and cooed at the child. He took the bottle of milk that was prepared beforehand. "Hungry?" the child cried, reaching out to the bottle.

He placed the bottle on the table and lift the child in his arms. He didn't know that his experience of taking care of children back when he was Kim Rok Soo would come in handy. He carefully deposited him on his arms, as he sat down on the couch. He took the bottle of milk and fed it to the baby. The crying stopped. Rok watched the child happily drink his milk while smiling and giggling at him. His face had a soft smile on it and continued to coo at the child. He slowly rocked him in his arms while also trying to lull him back to sleep. But the child was too stubborn to go back to sleep.

When the milk was gone, Rok placed it back on the table and changed the child's position to let him burp. He patted the child's back and when the latter did, he rocks him slowly until the light snore echoed.

This child is just like Cale.

He thought and slowly laid the child back in his crib while humming a soft lullaby, careful not to wake him. He also carefully placed the blanket on the child and cooed one more time before leaving to have his lunch.

"you're late," Cale said the moment he entered their room. Cale is healthy now so he'll probably work with him.

"I went babysitting..." He replied and sat on the chair. Cale hands the plate to him and they began eating without saying a word. This kind of peacefulness is wonderful.

"Hyung... I will also start working with you by tomorrow. The doctor said I'm quite fine now."

Cale was a young master who couldn't do anything. However, living with the Thames for five years allowed them to learn how to be independent despite their small body.