XXVII

Vicross immediately returned the unconscious Cale to the Viscounty. There's something wrong with him. He's not responding. His eyes were tightly closed, and his face became paler.

When Cale was brought before him unconscious, he rushed back and met Deruth, who had rushed back after waking up. Rok was nowhere to be found. Ron went to find his eldest son, and Vicross quickly followed after returning Cale to him.

Cale, on the other hand, is unresponsive. He remained unconscious after developing a fever that night. There's nothing wrong with him. He was cured the next day, but he is still unconscious.

He was struck by dread and loss once more. His twins are in a difficult situation as a result of his carelessness.

He kissed Cale's hand and turned to face the priest he had summoned.

"There's nothing wrong with his body," said the priest in front of the Sungod Church.

"He didn't... but there's something wrong with his soul," said the priest from the Church of God of Death. "It's clear, but I see death looming around him; you mentioned he was one of your twins?"

"yes..."

"I assumed the other twin was nowhere to be found?" the priest inquired, adding, "It'll be better to save the other."

Deruth was befuddled. He tried to deny the complexities of their lives subconsciously.

"Their souls are bound; the weaker soul will suffer in the absence of the other," the priest explained.

Deruth clenched his teeth and swallowed all of his tears. He kissed his son on the forehead while holding his son's hand.

If only... if only I had trusted them.

"What about... the other soul?"

"That soul, despite being the strongest, will be weaker."

Deruth sighed as the priest delivered their report and gazed at his son, who was fast asleep. What happened now will not be altered by his mistakes. The only thing he can do now is request assistance from the crown.

Golden Turtle... He's ashamed that he couldn't even protect his own children. Cale's face had become even paler, he noticed.

"COUNT! LORD DERUTH!" he exclaims, seeing gold and platinum arrive in the worst-case scenario.

He looked at them, while both of them gazed at Cale, who remained unperturbed in his sleep.

If a mere count can't move on his own, he'll use these bastards to save his children.

.

.

.

— Rok, wake up.

Rok awoke when he heard the glutton's voice. He sat in a cold cellar with few children around. He shifted his weight and assessed the situation calmly.

— Rok, this is not the time to be calm! Cale's soul will be in danger!

Rok became terrified when he heard that. Cale should be with Deruth now and be safe.

— Your souls are bound together. Cale's weaker soul will suffer.

His face had turned pale. He attempted to stand, but couldn't feel his feet. Something is wrong with him.

— If you can't move, we're in big trouble.

— Rok, you aren't aware, are you?

He was aware that their minds communicated with one another, but he was unaware that their lives and souls were intertwined.