XVII

Cold and aloofness pervade everything. That's what Deruth thought first thing in the morning. Rok and Cale are not talking to each other. They're not making any creepy remarks while finishing each other's sentences. There's no chaos, no noises—they're terrifyingly silent.

Violan nodded and looked at him. Even good Bassen looked at his brothers but said nothing.

Deruth nodded, knowing he had no choice but to intervene. It's great that they're fighting, but this is far worse than their previous encounters. He took Bassen with him.

"Papa..."

"Yes?"

"Hyunnie and Hyunnim not good," Bassen says, pouting, "not talking."

"But Hyunnie and Hyunnim love Bassen... wait for your Hyung-nims, they'll be good soon," he patted his head.

"Do not like it," Bassen insisted, "not like when Hyunnie and Hyunnim fight."

With the twins in a cold war, everything in the county is in a cold war too. No one dared make a sound whenever the other was present, and no one made any comment.

Deruth had no idea what had happened, but according to Vicross's report, it was all because Rok assisted someone. Helping others is not a bad thing. It was actually quite good. However, the twins are not the type to say things just to say them. Cale must have known something about which Rok was unaware.

"I believe this is a good opportunity," Deruth said. Siblings who do not fight may become dependent on one another. Fighting with your sibling can be brutal because it can lead to indifference, and they will soon fall apart. However, it is the parent's responsibility to supervise and guide their children in order to strengthen their bonds.

"Cale..."

Cale looked at him.

"Do you want to come with me to the tea store?"

Cale looked at him and replied, "Yes..."

Deruth looked at Rok, "I'll borrow Cale first... Let's go together some other time..."

Rok stared at him and said, "Promise?"

"I promise..." Deruth smiled as he nodded to his eldest son.

Rok just decided to visit the palace to go mess with Alver. But Alver was able to discern that emptiness permeating from him.

"Where's Cale?"

Rok gave him a blank stare. "I don't know... He's with Father."

The redhead sagged on the couch, ignoring the prince while highlighting the most important aspects of his studies.

"I think you should go home and do makeup with Cale."

"It's not even my fault, why should I?"

"Does it even matter?" Alver wondered, "if you don't want to... at least have a talk and clear things up... I don't like it if you're not together..." Honestly, Rok wasn't smiling. When Cale is around, he always smiles, but when he's alone, he's more mature, distant, and indifferent. "Do you know when you looked the happiest?"

Rok locked his gaze on him. Alver's face didn't have any hesitation or doubt in his eyes.

"It's when you two are together."

Those words silently touched Rok's heart. He immediately stood up and ran away from him when he heard that. He knew Alver was a glib bastard, but he never expected to hear him say it. He was frantically running around, formulating all of the questions and words he'd say to his twin. He's not used to being by himself. He's not used to being alone without his other half.