XII

"Why is the prince acting like a shy maiden?" Rok asks his twin brother.

"Well, who wouldn't?" he says, shrugging his shoulders, "Someone called him Alvery and demanded marriage from him."

Rok had that dreadful feeling. He looked at the prince, who was staring at him and then at his twin brother, who was raising his brows at him.

"I did not..."

"Yes, you did..." Cale smirks, "Congratulations, Hyung-nim! You and your Alvery will be engaged soon because you stole a kiss and proposed to him while mocking him."

"Congwats! Congwats!" chirps Bassen, happily jumping in between his older brothers.

Rok wanted the ground to swallow him whole. His expression became devilish, and Cale jerked back, sensing the impending danger.

"Anyway, since we need him for plans, we might as well bully this prince."

"I thought I was trash," Cale grunted, "but you're scum."

"Because we're twins, and who takes after who?"

Cale shook his head and looked at the thirteen-year-old prince approaching them. He was blushing a second ago, but now he's making his way onto them. Rok, who doesn't remember anything, had a plan or two on how to make this prince blush.

"Hello there, Alvery."

Cale: Pfft- hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Rok: Shut up Cale

Cale: Is that how you'll save yourself from shit?

Rok: We're both fucked up now, might as well ride on. Think about it, you shitty trashy brother of mine, we just got ourselves some toy to bully.

Cale: That's the soon-to-be crown prince.

Rok: But he's not right now.

Like a light bulb, something bright happened to cross the twins' heads.

"I don't like how you two look right now," Alver said as he took a step back.

Cale asked, "Who was it who agreed with the marriage?"

Rok asked, "Who was it who made me go for the marriage?"

Alver suddenly felt the shills all over his body.

Both said, "Hey, Alvery..." The twins made him sit down and took turns sitting on each of his legs. Their arms were over his shoulder, and their free hand was on his chin.

Rok said, "A prince shouldn't break any promises."

Cale, "Liars go to hell."

Alver, "I am not a liar."

BOTH: as if.

Cale and Rok looked at each other. It's the first time they've ever finished each other's sentences. And it was fun, especially when teasing this stuck-up prince.

Only if Count Deruth didn't enter the parlor right now.

"WHY ARE MY PEAS SITTING ON YOUR LAP?"

The chills spread throughout Alver's body. He was attempting to get the twins to leave his lap, but they looked at their father and clung to him.

"Hyung-nim said he'd marry Rok... then he'll marry Cale as well," Cale pretended.

"Why would you even want to get married with that?" Deruth asked, pointing to Alver as if he were nothing more than some shit on the ground that he could kick around.