XIX

The stone door opened quietly on its own.

None of them said anything. It was a giant boulder with letters carved on it.

Alver remained silent while staring intently. His heart almost stopped beating as he read the words in it. He was aware that he was distinct from the rest of the Crossman family. Did he realize that he might or might not be a contender for the throne, but that his efforts would be wasted as a result?

"This is prophecy," Alver said dejectedly. He wanted to deny its existence, but now he can't take his gaze away from it.

As soon as they heard Alver's voice, Cale and Rok turned to face the open door.

"The head of the Crossman household ruled over the Roan Kingdom, and as he did so, he remembered this one thing."

"Ah."

Cale let out a breathless gasp. Rok examined the entirety of the room until...

Screech- boom!

Within the open door...

There appeared a small stone chamber. It was as desolate and cold as a prison cell. And instead of a wall, there was a large boulder on one wall of that stone chamber. The boulder had words written on it.

< Descendants of the cursed blood. >

'What? Cursed blood? Not the household blessed by the Sun God?'

The twin's gaze quickly shifted to Alver.

Alver pointed to the boulder.

< The Sun God's touch will always be by your side. >

< Never set your eyes on taking over the sky. >

< The Sun will always rise. >

< The moment darkness is planted in your bodies... >

< The moment a person with that darkness becomes the head of the household, the sky will be destroyed and the ground will tremble. >

Click.

After hearing a noise, the twins turned their heads. Alver Crossman, the Quarter Dark Elf, was standing there without his dye magic.

"The Crossman household was always concerned about the appearance of the head because they were concerned about a different attribute that might be mixed in."

He pointed to himself. He assumed it was just a matter of strict adherence to the successors and all. Or maybe it's just a prejudice against the Crossman Family's landmarks.

"They couldn't be mixed with the darkness attribute like me, which is why I hid."

He had a twisted smile on his face.

"And now, this is the incredible secret of the Crossman royal family."

That twisted smile betrayed both his sorrow and shame. It had his unwavering self-confidence at the same time.

"...Ah."

Alver exclaimed when he noticed the twins staring blankly at the ceiling. Were they also of the opinion that he shouldn't be king? Alver was skeptical of such records. That was why he had whipped himself into striving to do his best. He was grateful that the twins assisted them, but now that he knew..."

"Pardon me, your highness?"

"What's the matter? Are you shocked?"

Seeing Cale Henituse look shocked... Rok Henituse, on the other hand, was composed.