XXIII

[A/N: Please don't mix this up with TOTRF. Hahahahha. TOTRF revolves around the royal family, with krs playing Callen. So brother Ribbit appears more than the other characters. (Well, Brother Ribbit appears to take a different path to insanity). This character, Robbit, is a supporting one. So he's not going to be like our adorable little ribbit. XD hahahah. Also, won't be entertaining any complaints now. If you want canon KRS, please read the novel. This is CANON DIVERGENCE. Happy readings!!!!!]

Rok has never done anything without his brother's consent. He may have been a clumsy rascal, but he never stepped up when Cale could do their shit.

Deruth looked at his eldest, who resembled an older brother. He's not sure who is older between them at times, because Cale is always taking the lead for his brother.

"Are you all right, pumpkin?"

Rok kept frowning at him.

This child rarely says anything and has never reprimanded his brother, but Rok is furious this time.

"Cale."

Cale flinches and cowers in front of his brother. This is the first time the easygoing Rok has sounded stern.

What's the deal with that cowardice?

Cale flinches again as Rok scrutinizes him.

You should never cower in the face of your enemy!

Cale takes another step back, flinching once more.

"H, how can I?"

Rok looked really angry right now.

"Nobody taught me!"

Cale faced all of his enemies alone in his previous life. He died at the hands of the enemies he despised. He was powerless. He had no one around.

"CALE HENITUSE!"

That stopped Cale once again.

Rok, the older brother who would always console his younger siblings, raised his voice.

"Do you think you'll be able to save anyone if you keep doing this?" Rok asked his brother. Cale's eyes widened at how he raised his voice at him.

"Do you think we'll be able to achieve that if we keep wallowing in that?! We're no longer at the Thames Villa! We've moved to Henituse County! Who do you think will protect us if we can't even protect ourselves?"

We're going to hurt everyone, and you're cowering in front of the man who stole everything from you!

"You'll just do it all over again!"

Deruth stands between them.

"Rok!"

Rok raised his head and looked at his father.

"Before we met you, this is how we lived," Rok said, sounding like a child, "and you realized it too, right? There's nothing you can do without that power."

Deruth had gone silent as well.

Rok shook his head and moved his gaze away from them.

He may have spoiled Cale and let him do whatever he wanted, but this time he's not going to sit still. Not when Cale looked, he'd already given up everything by standing in front of that man.

They will simply repeat the process by which they lost everything in their previous lives.

"We have no choice but to survive, Cale, but not in this manner."