XXV

Why does he look so sad?

Rok and Cale approached their father, who was bitterly smiling at them. They could tell because it wasn't his usual smile. They looked up at him and latched onto his legs.

"What's the matter?" they both inquired, waiting for his response. They had no idea they were getting close to this person despite their decision to avoid him.

"Nothing... It's just... You two have grown so much."

Lies.

They both chimed inside their heads. They adorably leaned on him, their cheeks forming a chump of cute chipmunk cheeks when eating nuts. They felt the gentle pat on their heads to which both of them melted. They were adorable while clinging to their father.

"You have wonderful and cute sons, Lord Deruth," Viscountess Ubar says, complimenting the father and sons' current appearance.

"Thank you, Viscountess. Young Amirel looked so adorable as well," Deruth says as he shakes the Viscounty's Matriarch's hand.

There's also Count Whilsman and Viscount Chetter. It's a neutral houses faction get-together. Other noble families turned to look at them. While these are lowly houses like the rest, the leaderless Northeast moves according to their desires. Especially since the Guardian Household of Henituse has been guarding the Northeast for nearly a thousand years.

The aforementioned county was the foundation of the Northeast region. Despite the fact that it has several chances to help itself to a far more prestigious title, that county remains as it is, motionless and silently waiting for the ideal moment to strike and storm the grand hall in a single movement. It is, indeed, a turtle, defending itself while also protecting those around it. It moves slowly, but it is firm and unwavering.

That is why Rowoon's Crown trusted the Henituse and the neutral faction, which always protected its people without saying anything.

It's even more dangerous now because, despite the arrival of those illegitimate children, the County's future is gradually becoming stable.

While the toddler and ilegitimate children were both brilliant,

They couldn't deny that those twins are brilliant in their own right.

Being able to move the throne simply by appearing.

Being able to gain the favor of a foreign imperial prince.

Being able to win people's hearts solely through their brilliance and abilities.

The Henituse Household is becoming more dangerous.

It has also begun to make its presence known.

It's as if it's making its presence known by taking over the entire Northeast.

Its prominence following the twin's debut at the Royal Hall frightens them.

Deruth Henituse, in particular, subtly but surely participated in politics just a few months ago.

Cale: They must be planning how to suppress the Henituse.

Rok: They'll be desperate to do so. After all, Dad is already making a name for himself.

The twins exchanged smiles as they looked at each other.

Rok: It's time to seize that ancient power as soon as possible.

Cale: Right, after we get the Vitality of the Heart, we should do that now.

The twins exchanged meaningful glances.