XI

The news about Lord Deruth's illegitimate children spread wild and fast after the acceptance ceremony. People gossiped about the next in line, which made the two young boys frown deeply while looking at their father, who was busy as hell and annoyed as well.

Violan remarked, "You three do look like three pieces of a pod," and motioned for the twins to approach her. Rok and Cale appeared to have adjusted without incident after accepting the fact that they had been adopted.

The twins sat down on the long couch and snacked while reading some documents.

Violan and Deruth were taken aback by their mental fortitude in accepting things as they are, despite the fact that they should be acting like any other child, either distant or rebellious.

Cale: Well, we're over forty.

Rok: We're older than both of them combined.

They were mentally older, but they had grown accustomed to acting all cutesy and childish. What's the harm in being pampered? Nothing can beat money!

Cale: Were you poor in your previous life for you to think all about money without batting an eye?

Rok: ...

Cale nodded and smirked at his brother. My guess was right. hehe.

"Here goes the two of you again." Deruth patted both their heads and sat in between them, "Were you two communicating inside your heads?"

The two cheeky brats looked at each other and grinned.

"They do?"

"Twin telepathic connection or something."

He's right. Rok and Cale thought but feigned ignorance and innocence and acted as if it was the first time they'd heard that thing. The more concerning part was, that Deruth always does this whenever he has time. He would sit in between them, have his arms wrapped around their waists, and hold them close to him.

Cale was somewhat awkward, but Rok seemed to like it.

Violan watched them closely and smiled. Bassen was busy bubbling on her lap while the three peas were messing around on the long couch.

The issue with the Henituse Branch families has yet to be resolved. They're hoping for an explanation soon. They didn't think the blasted first prince was still lurking around, making his grand entrance, declaring to be called Hyung-nim.

"Annoying."

"Very annoying."

"How heartless! Count!"

Deruth glared at the prince before tightening his grip over the twins, as if shielding them from a pest. Deruth Henituse looks at the prince as if he's a cockroach about to steal the twins from him. They witness a helpless monarch sulking like a child.

Nobody expected the prince to be followed by the head of a branch family. The head of the branch family, Arsen Henituse, was the person who opposed Deruth and the acceptance ceremony. Deruth stood up and kept the twins on his back. For the first time, Violan also looked stiff while staring at the family head.

"Greetings to the Guardian of the North."

Deruth did not reply.

"Rok... Cale... take Bassen and play with the prince."

Both of them looked at him and at each other. They stood up and took Bassen from Violan. Alver seemed to read the atmosphere and grinned at the noble.

"Make way," the prince lightly said.