XXIV

The cold war ended when Rok and Cale returned home holding hands. Naturally, Vicross exhaled a sigh of relief because he didn't have to cut himself in half to babysit them. It's hard to manage and babysit when twins are not together.

"Perhaps I should become a nanny instead of a chef."

"You'd better be," Rok deadpans, smirking.

He was lazing (again) in the kitchen while waiting for some snacks. Cale was leaning on him while reading a book. Bassen was also comfortably idling on Cale's stomach.

And there's the count, sipping tea as if he had no responsibilities in the county.

Amazing, just like his father and his children.

"I expected to find you here," Violan said as she walked into the kitchen. Since the entire family was present, the chefs were all staring at the counter. The countess sat down, poured herself a cup of tea, and savored the silence and aroma of food with her family.

"Now I know why these rascals are always here."

Vicross shook his head. Ron simply smiled, as he always did. His little masters are simply adorable!

"One week from now," Violan says, "there's a ball."

"Where?"

"At Viscountess Ubarr's." Violan looked at the twins and said, "It'll be good to introduce them properly to the Northeast leaders. It saves us the thing of introducing them at a later time. I don't want their standing to be on haywires from now on."

After all, having the favor and support of the Count and Countess are different matters. Violan has already declared them to be her children, but it seems that nobles still brand them as illegitimates.

"We're alright," Rok said.

"Yep, that's normal," Cale said. He rose with Bassen moving from his belly to lean on Rok's side. The older brother carefully wrapped his arms around his baby brother while the younger twin pressed the toddler in between them.

"While you're fine with that, I am not."

The two shut up and smiled adorably.

"I won't work."

Cale laughs since Rok finds this kind of thing tiring.

"We can see Hyung dancing with young Lady Ubbar." Cale chirps, earning a frown from his brother.

"Dancing with my lefty feet isn't so bad," Rok boasted. He's not very good at dancing. While his brain contains all information and he can ace academic classes better than Cale, his social life is a mess because he can't drink, dance, etc. He's also wondering if he's not good at singing and playing an instrument.

"You also stepped on Madam Pompey's feet in class. That was awesome stiff dancing, Hyung."

The spouses laughed. Rok is good at academics and martial arts, but he is terrible at socializing. Cale nails it. How can these twins, who share the same blood and the hobby of flipping houses, be so dissimilar at times like this?

Anyway, they're cute, and that's all that matters. Deruth will always be proud of them.

And soo....

The twins decided to sneak up on the Sten Marquessates' holiday house. Deruth and Violan had already retired for the night and the two of them decided to go and retrieved something that might help them send the marquis to high blood pressure.

"It's time to mess up with Venion Sten."

"And where do you think you're going?"

"Urgh!" Rok and Cale panicked and stumbled back. Ron and Vicross is standing before them with their brows up high.