|| FIVE ||

Courtney ripped open the drawer. She takes out a half empty syringe of heroin. "You need some of this in your system if you're gonna perform!" She shouted.

Kurt sighed heavily. "Fuck.. Courtney! I–" "You know you need it." His wife cut him off.

His cerulean eyes looked down. "Look, just hand it over..and I'll use it before I perform on stage." He muttered guiltily as she walked over.

His palm opened as she sets the syringe inside of his hand. "Good. Maybe it can make you less of a dick, too." She spat.

Kurt scoffed as he puts the syringe into his cardigan pocket. "Oh my God! Courtney–"

"It's fucking true! You're constantly an asshole!" She screamed out. Pointing her finger at Kurt's face.

"Ever since this child came into our lives you've changed." Kurt muttered out, hurt in his tone.

"What?!" Courtney lashed out and slapped her husband's face. "Changed?! OH. MY. GOD. Do you hear yourself?! You changed!"

"No I fucking didn't!" Kurt raised his voice a little at her. "No! I'm just tired!"

"Tired. Tired. Tired. That's all you say! Sick and Tired! Well, I'm tired of this! Now shut the fuck up! Get downstairs! And let's wait for the fucking nanny, you Pixie Shit!"

Kurt held his tears in as he watched Courtney leave the room. She slammed the door. Kurt didn't get up just yet.

Dave and Krist heard everything. Dave sighed heavily as he eyed the toddler in his arms. Her head was laying on Dave's chest, tears in her blue eyes.

"It's okay." Dave whispered as he rubbed Frances's back. "I'm here, you're safe." Krist leaned forward and wiped the child's eyes.

Krist heard Courtney's footsteps approaching as he looked over to the stairway. He narrowed his gaze. Kurt didn't deserve any of that.

Courtney faked a smile on her face. "Hi boys, how is my sweetheart doing?" She asked as she knelt down in front of the couch.

Frances looked over at her mom. "Mama." She says as Dave hesitantly handed her over.

"She's doing good, uh, she was napping." Krist came up with a lie. Looking towards the woman. Dave gently nudged Krist as he forced a smile onto his face.

Krist sighed a bit as he heard softer footsteps. Dave immediately turned his head to see Kurt coming down.

A red mark across his cheek, it stung. Her handprint was still there as Kurt walked himself into the kitchen.

Courtney and Frances started to play with the toys that littered on the floor. Like nothing even happened.

"I'm gonna check on Kurt." Dave muttered towards Krist as he gets up. Krist nodded his head.

Dave walked himself into the kitchen.