|| SEVEN ||

Front door suddenly clashed itself open. It revealed Courtney and the Nanny.

Frances opened her eyes from hearing the sound. Kurt placed a hand on her back. Lightly patting her back as the Nanny entered the room.

"Hi Mr.Cobain, how are you?" Nanny asked as she held her hand out. Kurt sat up with his daughter in his arm as he shakes the nannies hand.

"I'm okay." He replied which caused the woman to smile. "Good. How long is this concert?"

"–For the night, actually. We'll pay you." Courtney suddenly spoke. Kurt furrowed his eyebrows, he looked at his wife.

But Courtney simplistically grinned at her confused boyfriend. Dave and Krist shrugged their shoulders.

"Well alright, you four head out now." The nanny spoke as Kurt carefully handed Frances to the woman.

Frances looked at her father. "Dada..?" Kurt knelt down. "I'll be back tomorrow, okay? You have this lovely lady to watch you. She's your friend. Okay?" Kurt reassured her.

His daughter nodded her little head.

Kurt kissed his toddlers forehead before he stood up. "Thank you." He muttered to the older woman.

Courtney left the house first, followed by Krist, Dave, and lastly Kurt. He waves to his daughter as he calmly shuts the door.

"Let's go! Beep beep!" Courtney shrieked out from the back of the van. Kurt sighed as he walked over to the car.

"I'll drive." Krist says as he takes the keys out of his pocket. Dave sits in the passenger. Kurt sits in the back with his wife. Krist in the driver's.

The instruments in the trunk of this large van.

Courtney laid herself in the back. Her head resting on her husband's lap. Kurt lights himself a cigarette and rolled down the window.

He takes a drag as the car begins to move. Dave kept his face turned towards the rearview mirror. Watching the couple in the back.

Extremely worried for Kurt. The side of Kurt's face wasn't as red anymore. But there was a small mark on the side of it.

"My fenders in the back, right?" Kurt croaked out as his hand started to play with Courtney's hair.

"Yes, Kurt." Krist replied as they reached a stoplight. A light drizzle started to occur as it hits the car window panes.

The radio faintly on playing some sonic youth. Kurt flicked his cigarette out the window once he was finished with it.

"Still have the syringe?" Courtney asked openly. She didn't care if Krist or Dave could hear. They already know.

"Mhm." Kurt hummed softly as he pats his cardigans pocket. Dave sighed as he hesitantly spoke up. "Still using that?"

Courtney's rude voice mocked Dave before replying. "Yes! He is. It's his medicine." This caused Krist to laugh in anger as he continued to drive the vehicle.

"Woah. What? Medicine?" Krist suddenly spoke up as they made it down the freeway.

"Yes." Courtney replied. Kurt was rather quiet now. He can feel the tension rising in the car. He hated it.

His blue eyes looked towards the window. Watching the trees go by. Observing the nature and rain that poured.

Dave shakes his head in disagreement. "It's not medicine, it can hurt him." He pointed out.

Which caused Courtney to suddenly scream. "LIKE YOU KNOW DAVID! Fucker, shut up! Just drive Krist. Want to get home already."

"You could've stayed at home with our daughter." Kurt numbly spoke. Krist decided to stay quiet, rather focusing on the drive like she says.

Dave was the opposite. He wanted to be heard. "Courtney, heroin actually..fucks up people's systems. It can make them incredibly ill–"

"David, I swear to God. Shut your mouth. I know what heroin does, I'm a user. I use it. Not as often, but I use it. So shut the fuck up. It's helping my husband, you don't know him."

Dave can feel his anger bottling him but he kept it hidden and simply smiled. "Right...I'm so sorry." He sarcastically apologized. But Courtney believed it. She's stupid.

"It's okay, dumbass." Courtney spat out as she closed her eyes. Falling asleep due to the cars vibrations.

Kurt kept his hand in her hair. He laid his head on the cars window.

The drive was now quiet and tense until they made it to their destination.