|| THIRTEEN ||

A few days have passed through. Kurt and Courtney are home with Frances at the house.
While Dave and Krist are in their shared apartment.

They decided to hire the Nanny part time, and she was perfectly okay with that.

Currently, the Nanny was doing the dishes in their kitchen. Frances is hugging her father as Courtney watched TV.

"She stay?" Frances asked. Pointing her little finger to the kitchen. Kurt nodded his head. "She's helping around the house, cleaning. Then she goes home."

"She stay when i go nini?" Frances tilted her head as she stared up at her father with her blue eyes.

Kurt nodded his head. "Yes, then she comes back. And protects you from the monsters when you sleep."

Frances giggled. "Daddy wins too!" "–Yeah? yeah I do. baby." Kurt chuckled softly along.

Patting his toddlers back as Courtney burnt another hole into the couch with her cigarette. Putting the cigarette out and then setting the empty butt into the ashtray.

"Hand her over." Courtney croaked out with her arms outstretched. "I have a performance to head out tonight, I have a ride. Don't worry."

Kurt handed Frances Bean over. Courtney held her daughter as a smile rises on her face.

"Hi babygirl, mommy's here. Mommy loves you so much." Courtney cooed and kissed her daughters cheek.

Frances giggled happily as she squirmed a bit in her mother's arms.
"But mommy has to go."

Cobain's daughter suddenly stopped her wiggly movements. Looking up at her mom. She teared up.

"No, Frances. It's okay. Daddy's gonna be here." Courtney reassured and pecked her baby's head.

"Dada!" Frances squealed as Courtney handed her daughter back over to the fatherly figure.

Kurt takes a hold of his daughter. Moving her short blonde hair back. He smiled as he teared up in happiness.

"Holding you is the best thing for me." Kurt muttered as he leaned his head down and kissed his daughters cheek.

Frances giggled as her little hands grasp at her father's flannel that he is currently wearing.

Courtney stood herself up. She grabbed her boots and slips them on her feet, rather than the heels.

"I gotta pack." She spoke as she kissed Kurt's head. Kurt furrowed his eyebrows. "Pack?" His head lifting up to look at his wife. Frances chewing on Kurt's flannels collar.

"Yeah, it's for a few days. Couple performances, mini tour." Courtney lied. Kurt completely believed her.

"Oh, well okay. I'll see you soon then." Kurt replied as he rubbed his daughters back.

"I love you!" Kurt called out as Courtney went upstairs. She didn't respond to that.

Rather, she was packing up all her belongings into suitcases in the bedroom that the couple shared.

"Daddy..?" Frances suddenly muttered as the Nanny entered the room, picking up Frances's toys.

Kurt lowered his head and faced his daughter. "Yes Bean?" Frances moved her head away from her father's collar. It was a bit damp from saliva and drool.

But the man didn't seem to be bothered.

"Love." Frances suddenly replied. Kurt kissed his daughters cheek. "Yes, I love you too."

"Love!" Frances repeated as she pointed to a photograph hanging on the wall. It was of Dave, Kurt, and Krist.

Kurt turned his head and looked at the photograph. A small smile rises to his face. "You love them too?" He asked his daughter.

She nodded her tiny head pointing her finger to Dave in the photo. "Love." Kurt hummed as he rubbed his daughters back.

He didn't understand why she kept saying this. But Frances knew. Children are wise and know things.

"Hm, why do you keep pointing at Dave and saying that?" Kurt asks but Frances didn't reply.

She laid her head on her father's chest.  Chewing on her hand as she smiled up at her father.

Kurt shrugged as he held his daughter. Deciding to brush it off as Courtney came down the stairs.

She walked over. Her packed suitcases at the door. Her instrument slung acrossed her back.

"Goodbye." Courtney whispered as she kissed Frances's head. A Limousine pulling up to the Cobain residence.

Kurt looked at his wife. "Kiss me." He muttered which caused her to sigh. She walked over and placed her lips onto Kurt's.

Knowing this is her last kiss. Kurt returned the kiss. Courtney pulled back.

"I love you." Kurt muttered as he watched his wife grab her things.

"Love you too, Pixie shit."

Then, Courtney left.