|| SIXTEEN ||

Kurt laid back on the couch with Frances in his arms. It's been a couple weeks since he's seen Dave or Krist. In fact, it's been a month since Courtney has left.

But he didn't seem to care, his depression was drowning him. Kurt looked at his daughter sadly. A bottle of vodka on the coffee table.

He barely sipped it, he didn't want to be drunk in front of her.

Frances noticed and puckered her lips. Kissing her father's cheek. Kurt slowly laughed as he held her.

"Love." Frances spoke up. Kurt immediately sighed. "This again..? Honey, I love you." Kurt replied as he kissed her blond head.

"Love!" Frances squealed and pointed back to the photograph that was hanging. Kurt slowly turned his head to look at it.

"You want to see them..?" Kurt asked softly. Frances pointed her hand to Dave. "Love!" "–You want to see, Dave?"

Frances nodded her head. She knows what her father needs. Kurt sighed heavily as he stands up.

Holding his daughter with one arm, the Nanny is currently on her work shift, cleaning the bathroom upstairs.

Kurt walked over to the landline phone in the kitchen. It's been a month. Since he's called or even seen the drummer.

His depression was getting to him so he didn't have the motivation to call anyone.

Since Courtney left, it broke him. It broke his heart but at the same time he felt relieved that she was out of his daughters life.

He grabbed the landline phone. Leaning his head over and holds it in his ear. He started to dial in Dave's phone number.

Frances patted her father's chest as Kurt kept a held onto her with one arm.

The phone continued to ring until it was eventually picked up. "Kurt?" Dave's voice spoke into the phone.

"Hello." Kurt spoke sadly into the phone. Frances lays her head onto her father's chest. Listening to the heartbeat which lulled her into a nap.

Kurt looked down at his sleeping daughter in his arm and smiled a bit. "Oh my god, it's been a month. I am so worried about you." Dave suddenly says into the phone.

"Oh." Kurt hummed as he kissed Frances's head. "–Kurt, can I come over? Please. I miss you and want to see you."

"That's why I called. Frances wants to see you." Kurt replied which caused the drummer to go silent on the other end.

There was a pause.

"She wants to see, me?" Dave asks, somewhat surprised. "–Yeah, she really does. She keeps pointing to a photo of you."

"Hm, well I'll be over in a few. I have to get dressed real quick. Okay, Kurt?"

"Okay, see you." Kurt replied and hanged up his landline. He carried Frances back to the living room.

Taking a seat on the couch. He held his daughter close. Tears rolled down his face as another mass of depression coated him.

Lowering his head, he placed it softly on top of his toddler's head. Sniffling quietly. "Daddy's trying..trying so hard to stay for you. You lost Mommy, you can't loose Daddy too."

A tear fell onto her little hand which caused her to open her blue eyes. She noticed her father crying.

Frances lifted her head. Kurt sniffled and watched. "Oh sweetheart, I'm sorry for waking you." He apologized.

Little hands placed themselves onto Kurt's face. "Daddy..?" Frances croaked out. Kurt broke down into tears again, he couldn't help it.

Frances leaned her face close, staring at her father with worry. "Daddy sad?" She asked softly.

Kurt shakes his head, sniffling. "No, no.. Daddy's happy, see?" He faked a smile onto his face. But started to cry again.

"No, daddy sad." Frances acknowledged as she used her teeny hands, rubbing away her father's tears.

Kurt sighed as he takes some deep breaths. Frances clinged her tiny hand onto her father's flipper tee-shirt that he currently is wearing.

"Daddy loves you. Guess what baby?" Kurt muttered, calming himself. He blinked away his tears.

Frances looked at the design on her father's shirt. Her blue eyes pouring into the drawing before lifting her head.

"Bean?" Kurt tries again to get his daughters attention. Frances looked up at her dad.

"Dave is coming." Kurt replied to her stare. Which caused his child to slowly smile and squeal happily.

This caused Kurt to slowly smile as he held his daughter close. "Mhm, he's on his way."

Just on cue, the door knocked.