Guiding Light X Reader (Fluff)

A humming ushered (Y/n) into the broad wardrobe. The way their hands cupped together over their mouth, blocking their breaths from exiting, meant the predicament was a harsh one.

Guiding Light's watchful yet nonexistent eyes laid on the human as they trembled within the closet, their heart in their mouth.

Seek's hallway was rounding the bend, and Guiding Light didn't know how well (Y/n) would take it. Seek was a psychotic killing machine, bathing in the blissful sensation of fear his victims gave him; the buzz of slaughter blinded him to human emotions, and there was no shortcut to evade him and the inevitable death he brought. There was no wrath and no meaning, just a leisurely onslaught.

As the eyes sprung out of the wallpaper, the human remained shaky in their own skin. Quivering, they faced the floorboards, clutching onto whatever scraps of courage they could manage to.

Guiding Light's pitiful gaze locked on their wary expression; their watery, widened eyes scanned the room, their small form shrinking back against the eyeless walls. The way (Y/n)'s legs wavered had them questioning whether they would make it any further without falling face first into the wood below.

Their light footsteps hurriedly scampered across the hotel until they opened up on a hallway.

Something haunted them about the eerily dainty setting. Such sizeable, polished windows weren't deserving of such an antique, dusty hotel. Especially when the light elegantly flooded through, the occasional crack of lightning flashing the room a blinding white. Chandeliers hung by thin threads overhead, threatening to fall and shatter everywhere.

The cowardly stance (Y/n) adopted let Guiding Light know there was next to no chance of escape for them. This would  -inevitably- be the space they died.

There was an unfamiliar feeling possessing them, a rooting for (Y/n)'s success. They held a hope (Y/n) wouldn't prevail, and betray the expectation.

On cue, Seek steadily rose from the ground, his arms lifting his yet to form legs from below. There was a lust for blood in his iris and, as he sprinted forward, (Y/n) began to see it too.

Guiding Light persisted in assisting (Y/n), lighting a pathway for them to crawl under. Admittedly, their mint hue could be easily overlooked, but (Y/n)'s desperate, darting eyes caught on quickly; they were a fast visual learner.

(Y/n) wasn't hesitant, losing the cowardice personality and acting like a whole new person. An expression of pure determination replaced the uncertain brow and widened gaze. Guiding Light observed on, emitting a brighter hue for (Y/n) to trail.

Seek pressed on, the aggressive pounding of his feet becoming heavier as he caught up. No loose bookcase or toppled closet had any effect on him, and he slammed the furniture to the walls aside thoughtlessly, as if it were no more than debris. (Y/n) let nothing bother them in their moments of adrenaline, and their pace quickened as their lungs burned for any air they could get.

Another hallway, flames arising, chandeliers shattering upon impact; it was an incomprehensible state but there was no time to think. Swerving to the left in a fluid motion, (Y/n) ducked down to avoid the comically large black hands Seek had sprouted from outside, creeping in through the smashed panes. One barely managed to feel (Y/n) as they swiftly flew on by, their feet aching.

To the right they hurried, quickly darting left the moment they had passed the flame. A final row of flames, a final decision to make. Choosing left a final time, they narrowly escaped the dancing fires. Slamming the door shut with an echoing thud, (Y/n) slid to the floor, knees brought up to their chest. Taking a moment to breathe, they let their head fall back against the wood as Seek's furious knocks ceased.

Guiding Light couldn't feel anymore prideful having guided (Y/n) directly to safety.

"You did remarkably well, (Y/n)." Their voice mused, unintentionally.

(Y/n) caught the message regardless, feeling a swelling of pride in their chest. They let a minute slip before they reacted, a bit late,"Wait, who goes there?"

The same hue illuminating the way began to emanate from their chest, as Guiding Light became present,"You know me as a guiding light, and I go by such."

"Your name is...Guiding Light?" (Y/n)'s confident tone condescended with the curious nature of the question, making it come off as more of a statement than an ask.

Forming a humanoid form, Guiding Light took into the account the way human mind worked, knowing they found comfort in familiarity. Admittedly, their form wasn't the most human, having an unnatural blue skin tone to match the light it gave off, but it was good enough for (Y/n).

Their arms were thrown loosely around Guiding Light's humanoid form, and they laughed quietly to themself,"I can't believe it...I have a saviour!"

The human action took a moment to be processed, and Guiding Light reciprocated the motion a second or two after (Y/n)'s grasp tightened,"Consider me a friend, likely the only one you will make in this place."

"...I don't know what to say...but, thank you! Thank you!" (Y/n)'s chin rested on their shoulder as Guiding Light pet their head,"You saved my life!"

Guiding Light's mind wandered as the human affectionately hugged them. It was such a peculiar feeling having a human, something they shouldn't be intervening with, acting close as if they were long time friends.

"I-I don't want to go on. I'm worried; what if there's worse?" (Y/n) croaked, choking up lightly.

Guiding Light's hand brushed over their hair as they cooed,"It'll be okay, I'll be there to aid you where you need me to. I'm here to help you, (Y/n)."

"What if that thing comes back? It'll kill me. I'm so tired, I don't wanna go on." (Y/n) whined, forcing their head into Guiding Light's shoulder.

An empathy overcame Guiding Light, as well as nostalgia. Absentmindedly, they led (Y/n) astray, into one of the bedrooms neighboring.

"Rest. I'll keep a watchful eye over you to ensure no harm comes to you while you regain your energy." Guiding Light assured, remaining in the doorway as they gave (Y/n) a gentle, encouraging shove towards the bed.

(Y/n) awkwardly pulled up the duvet before sparing Guiding Light a glance, gaining the courage to ask a question,"Can you..."

The way (Y/n) trailed off had them dumbfounded, but the way the human timidly raised the blanket spoke enough.

Guiding Light, being inhuman, didn't see anything beyond what was being presented to them. The intimate connections linking to it were turned a blind eye to, as they made their way over.

"If my presence brings you comfort, I'll stay by your side." Guiding Light hummed, getting in beside (Y/n).

The way (Y/n) dove back into their arms, for warmth and comfort, had them enjoying the sensation of closeness. Wrapping their arms around (Y/n), they watched as they begin to drift off.

They weren't sure what it was bringing them such an indescribably immense surge of joy but, assuming it to be (Y/n), they vowed to fulfill their duty and protect the human.

The shared warmth had even Guiding Light growing drowsy. It had been a long time, many weary years, since they'd experienced sleep. Closing their eyes for a moment, they claimed to themself they would wake up shortly.

The wait was definitely worth it, as it was the best snooze of their life.