F!Reader x Seek (Christmas, part 1)

Striding down the winding halls of the derelict hotel, (Y/n) pondered over what it lacked during the frosty season of December.

As the ice tinted the stained windows of the lengthy corridor, the human's fingertips brushed along the frosted pane, planting silvery tinsel along the bottom to bring along the scene.

A ghastly voice spoke up from behind her, a judgemental eye locked onto her,"And what is that supposed to be on my window's ledge?"

"This?" (Y/n) inquired, a singular nail prodding the accessory occupying his windowsill,"It's tinsel."

Something overwhelming had struck (Y/n) as Seek emerged from the red threads in the carpet; ever since the hotel had been shut down, nobody had decorated it for seasonal holidays. Decades had passed since the hotel saw festive decor of any kind.

As that one eye rolled in complete distaste, a low grumble escaped from Seek as he took a form most alike to a human before muttering again,"And what is it doing there, taking up the space?"

With the smallest sigh, she took her seat on the wooden floorboards, knees drawn in to her chest to keep the heat in her otherwise frigid body,"Christmas. It's a human thing; I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't understand it."

"Is that supposed to be an insult?" Seek growled, his voice immediately adopting an undertone of rage,"Of course I know what it is, you human."

Confusion filled her face as he said his piece, not quite wrapping her head around whether that was meant to be taken derogatorily or not. Seek had always been a rocky individual; he was difficult to please and always had criticism for anything done for him.

"I found the Christmas decorations for the hotel. They keep them in a loft upstairs which Guiding Light graciously found for me." (Y/n) retorted, a generous amount of restraint in her voice.

His figure loomed over him, his fingers twitching as he resisted the urge to grab her, an urge which grew rapidly with each coming second.

After a minute of painful restraint, he lunged at her and yanked her out of his corridor with one tight hand.

Stumbling behind him, she struggled to maintain upright as his strength is put into harshly groping her wrist and yanking her about.

"Where are we going?" She huffed,"You can't just throw me around, you know?"

As they entered a finely polished elevator, Seek released her wrist in favour of pressing the buttons, only to have grabbed her once again to ensure she didn't trail off.

His voice continued to drone on in that dark, dulcet tone,"Where I want to go."

"And, where's that?" She piped up, glaring at him in an effort to dissuade him.

As familiar music filled the rattling elevator, Seek speaks out,"The attic, you imbecile. I want those parts."

All she could offer him was a nod of consent,"I suppose we could get them...why do you want them, anyway?"

"Shut up. My intentions are none of your concern, you flimsy flesh bag." He scowled, a soured expression hiding innocent intentions,"It's irrelevant. You wouldn't understand."

Despite his clear hate towards her, she wanted so desperately to know,"Okay, I'm stupid and I probably wouldn't understand, but please just say anyway? You're not wasting a breath, since you don't breathe, so you have nothing to lose."

Shifting uncomfortably, Seek's grip slightly quivered around her wrist, some form of pity or trust having caused him to lose sight of himself,"Again, none of your business."

"Do you...miss them?" She uttered, her eyes rising to his level,"Do you like the decorations or do you want someone to do something with?"

Wordlessly, he continued to drag her towards the attic, having hauled her out of the elevator without a further chance of escape.

Immediately, she's on her feet; she strode confidently besides him as his grip weakened.

With a final step, he announced,"We're here, now where's the key?"