Figure x Reader (Fluff)

Guiding Light had decided that, as a bit of an experiment, they would take (Y/n)'s sight and give it to Figure to see how they would interact.

(Y/n), having been a faithful lover of Figure for a while now, had long since adjusted to Figure's blind tendancies and how to help aid him in his day-to-day life. Their love was genuine for him, and Guiding Light couldn't deny the sweet tinge it had to it, leaving a light atmosphere in the room the two stood in.

Reading in a soft, well-enunciated voice, (Y/n) soothed Figure's nerves after he had a bitter interaction with one of the passing explorers.

Listening on with much enthusiasm, Figure rested his head on his hand, wrapping an arm around (Y/n)'s shorter, slimmer frame in an effort to pull them close.

Guiding Light's inquisitiveness was too big of a burden to bear and the room flashed white.

Covering their eyes, (Y/n) didn't realise this would be the last thing they saw for a while. Opening their eyes to a darkness, they became frantic and distressed; how had they gone blind so suddenly? Is that the end of their vision?

On the other hand, Figure was overwhelmed by what it was he was seeing. Just the ability to see overwhelmed him. Seeing was something he had never done, a sense he didn't even realise existed.

"Oh, (Y/n)! What's going on? Is this...seeing?" Figure gasped, caught off guard by this sudden gift.

Finally, he could see (Y/n), his lover, and he couldn't be any more happy.

But, they appeared so miserable. They were covering their face, a water dripping down it.

"Shh, it's okay, (Y/n). What's the matter?" Figure comforted, keeping his hand on their shoulder.

"I-I can't see...anything! It's all just black. I'm blind!" (Y/n) cried out, very anxiously.

Gasping, Figure lowered his hand to their chin, cupping their face,"(Y/n)...you're so very beautiful. I know now isn't the time to be saying this but it was worth being blind for my whole life just to see your gorgeous face once."

Uncovering their blind eyes, (Y/n) tilts their head up to face Figure. Figure cups their face with both hands and looks into their eyes, though they cannot see.

"Oh, (Y/n), you have such a lovely face..." Figure praised, as his hands trailed down their body.

Clutching their waist, Figure swayed from side to side, his hands snaking around them and running up their back. Close to Figure's chest, (Y/n) was comfortable and secure.

"We'll find a way through this, (Y/n). I promise you, you gorgeous human." Figure purred, lowering his head to kiss their forehead,"Oh, you're so precious."

Rocking them to and fro, Figure softly cooed and whispered promises to them.

Smiling in a reassured manner, (Y/n) held a trust for their boyfriend. Though still terrified, (Y/n) had faith in Figure's comforting words.

"I don't want you to lose the ability to see, Figure. You can finally experience the world in colour and vision..."(Y/n) frowned, their visage bitter with a loss of a solution.

"But I don't want you to be blind for me. It's just an unfair stalemate and one of us has to make a choice." Figure told them, stroking their hair.

Guiding Light's colourful tint illuminated (Y/n) and Figure, getting Figure surprised. The light twinkling of their aura let (Y/n) know of their presence.

"Guiding Light, what did you do?!" (Y/n) hissed, their expression flaring with anger,"I don't know whether to be ungracious or thankful."

"I'll give you a choice, (Y/n). Three options, one decision." Guiding Light began.

Perking his head up, he looked at them,"Either you can stay as you are, return to normal or split it half and half."

Looking at (Y/n), Figure realised they couldn't see. Bowing his head, Figure told them,"It's your vision, (Y/n). I think it should be returned to you."

"I want to split it, half and half." (Y/n) said, squinting their eyes as if to see.

"Very well." Guiding Light stated as the room flashed against with another light.

Squeezing their eyes shut, (Y/n) found that only one worked. Their left eye was rendered useless while their right worked perfectly well.

Figure remained able to see and stared lovingly into (Y/n)'s eyes,"Oh, you're so beautiful..."

Wrapping their arms around his neck, they smiled up at him,"I love you so much..."

Scoffing, Figure shook his head,"I think that's obvious; you gave up one of your eyes for me! I think I'm the one who needs to prove his love to you! All I can do is be incompetent and have you do everything for me, but..."

Figure had a sudden revelation as his words trailed off,"I won't be such a burden to you anymore. I can finally do things on my own! You can teach me to read and then I'll read to you."

Giggling, (Y/n) beamed up at Figure,"That sounds wonderful, honey."