Rush x Ambush (Continuation fluff)

(A continuation of the fluff/smut from before.)

After what seemed like an eternity of throbbing head pains, as well as pins and needles, Ambush had decided that his stay in the infirmary was to conclude.

Lightly nudging Rush's unconscious body, Ambush forced him awake. Immediately, the grey entity jolted conscious with a start,"Ambush..!"

His fearful scream was coated with concern for the smaller entity, concern that something scarring had occurred while he had slept, but no.

Allowing himself a quick moment to fully awaken, Rush rubbed every ounce of sleep from his hollow eyes before moving closer to Ambush. Hooking his index finger beneath the smaller entity's chin, he guided his gaze upwards, exchanging a calmed smile.

"What is it, Ambush?" Rush questioned, adopting a polite and cooler tone opposed to the flaming concern he had mere moments ago.

With a very quiet and uncharacteristically caring tone, Ambush responded to his question with a counter question,"Can we...leave the infirmary?"

Taken aback, Rush carefully combed his hand over the cotton patch keeping Ambush's wound clean and protected. Curling his index finger, he dragged the tape off to check the wound, only to find it had healed quite well over the week.

Reluctantly, Rush gave a subtle nod of his head,"Fine. We can, but you need to promise not to run about screaming like a banshee."

"...But, Rush, that's our job. That's what we do." Ambush protested,"If I can't, who will?"

Staring blankly, Rush snickered,"Me, of course. We all know that the two of us are the same."

"Now that I think of it, most of us entities run about screaming." Ambush pointed out, somewhat disappointed about the likeness most of the entities had,"I don't feel quite so unique anymore."

Rolling his eyes, or at least making the effort to try, Rush sighed,"You are unique. The others aren't in loving relationships, are they?"

Leaning his head against Rush's shoulder, Ambush made an affirming sound,"You have a point. But, that's because some of them can't, can they?"

"What do you mean they can't? That's a bit rude of you to say, isn't it?" Rush states, quite surprised by Ambush's stance on the entities.

Wrapping an arm around Rush, Ambush shrugged his shoulder,"Well, Seek is a sociopath, so he can't love anyone. Eyes can't be seen by anyone, so that's a doomed relationship. Screech only lives in dark rooms, so that's a committment. I suppose that Figure could be a lover, if he stopped mauling people and tearing their heads off. Humans do look after their blind members of their species, don't they? It would be a committment, but I suppose Figure could be in a relationship."

Having heard Ambush's odd rant about which entities could and couldn't be in a romantic relationship, Rush sighs,"You have a little bit of a point. But, our relationship started from a rivalry, so we can't say much."

"Fine." Ambush groaned, a slight but of irritation in his voice,"But, that's history. No more rivalry, no more hate, more headpats and...cuddles..."

Grinning at the embarrased tone Ambush had adopted, or grinning because he always appears smug, Rush responded,"Well, I'm not sure about that. You might need to ask."

"...Please?" Ambush asked, his voice a bit weak.

"Please what?" Rush smugly questioned.

His voice became meek and embarrassed,"You know..."

Looking proud of himself, Rush shook his head,"Oh, but I don't know, so tell me."

"...pet my head, please.." Ambush defeatedly begged, earning a conceited and victorious smirk from Rush, who complies.

His hand gently trails over Ambush's head, rubbing affectionately as he gives the smallest whimper.

Drinking in every sound that escapes Ambush, Rush smirked and kept petting his head.

"You're so cute when you make those sounds. You know that, don't you?" Rush teased.

"I'm not cute." Ambush responded with a pout.

Giving Ambush a quick peck on the cheek, Rush chuckled,"You are cute."

Going red in the face, Ambush scrambled to cover his embarrased, flushed cheeks with one of the pillows from the bed,"I. Am. Not. Cute."

Chuckling even more, Rush kept leaned in and kissed him, firmly holding his face as he did.

Ambush dropped the pillow, his face going even redder than before as he kissed back.

Rush's fingers interlocked with Ambush's, as he eventually pulled away.

"Come on, let's get out of here." Rush told him, pulling the smaller entity to his feet in a simple, effortless tug.

The two finally, after a week of Ambush's recovery, exited the infirmary to continue normal life.