chapter 3 - best first day

Riven POV

I am already nervous about the first day of school as the new girl and now I have a pop quiz in my first class. Blackview is no joke. I have no idea what the hell some of these things are on this quiz.

It also doesn't help that the girl sitting next to me is so hot. She immediately caught my attention.

Her eyes are so hard to look away from. They are the perfect shade of green, complimenting her lightly tanned skin. And her long brunette hair looks so perfect. She is also probably two inches taller than me as well, which I find very attractive.

^ (Collins Frost) ^

^ (Collins Frost) ^

She pulls off a school uniform so well. It is honestly hard to look away from her, but the more I look at her the more nervous I get.

I hate having to stand up and introduce myself and with Collins next to me it made it harder. I was surprised I didn't stutter.

I can feel her eyes on me as we are taking the quiz, and it is so distracting. I can't tell why she is staring at me. If she thinks I'm weird or if she thinks I'm hot. She was friendly when she first came in, but I don't know if that is only because she doesn't know me.

I know that what happened last year spread like wildfire, but I really hoped that Blackview was too far away for anyone to know about it.

"Alright class time is up please pass your papers forward before leaving" the teacher says.

I get up pretty quickly and walk out of the classroom. It is first break, but I have no one to talk to or have anything to do, so I am heading to my locker then to my next class.

As I walk to my locker with my head down I accidentally bump into someone.

"Ugh you just made me spill my coffee. Next time watch where you are going" some girl snaps at me.

"Shit. I am so sorry. I didn't-" I quickly apologize.

"Yeah whatever. You better keep your eyes open next time. Do you even know who I am?" she asks with an annoyed look on her face.

I kind of freeze as I realize we are in the middle of the hallway and everyone is staring at me. "Are you deaf?" but before I can answer someone behind me shouts something.

"Oh fuck off Sage. No one cares who you are. It's not like it would even matter" she says with no regard to the girl in front of me.

"Why are you even defending the new girl Collins. You don't even know her. Why don't you just mind your own business" Sage says to Collins.

"Maybe because I'm not a bitch like you. It is just a coffee, get over it. So how about you try not to go for 'bitch of the year' award again and just move on" Collins says as the other students begin to laugh.

"Fuck you Collins. Nico was smart to dump your ass"

I don't know who Nico is or who anyone is really, but it must be a sensitive topic because the hallway went silent after she said that.