chapter 5 - falling

3 weeks later

Riven POV

It is finally Friday and I am ready to head home.

These past few weeks have been better than I thought they would be. My time here did not start off the best, but things turned around. Especially since Collins has been showing me around. We have a lot of classes together, which is cool seeing as she is the only friend I have made at school.

We have been hanging during break and lunch when she isn't practicing. I'm honestly surprised she hangs with me instead of her friends sometimes and that I don't feel shy around her. I have been having fun getting to know her more.

Her favorite color is black, she loves winter, her music genre varies on the day going from Tate McRae to Post Malone, her favorite place she has visited is Norway, and many more things. Basically the things that you learn when you first start to talk to someone.

After her insistent begging I caved and told her that I would go to Nico's party. She even offered me a ride, which I said yes to, seeing as I don't have a car. I also somehow convinced Fallon to go with me.

"Okay ladies I know this is just the first month of school but we are going to have to put in a lot of work if we want to defend our title at state" Coach Jacobs says.

"Come Monday we will have a scrimmage at the end of practice to help with team connection. I want you girls to know where your teammate is going to be before she is there by the time season starts. I'll see you all Monday. Enjoy your weekend" coach says as she dismisses us.

"It's not like we need to build a connection, it is just them who don't belong here" I overhear someone say.

Things with the team are still pretty intense. Some are still mad at me and Fallon for taking some of the starter's spots. We try to ignore it and continue training but I can see that it does get to Fallon a bit.

Fallon is a badass player and really tough but on the inside I know that she is sensitive. And I know she misses her friends a lot. Unlike me Fallon is good at making friends and had a lot at Milton Prep. But hopefully this party will help her.

Collins introduced Fallon to her brother Kian at school a while ago, he is really nice. They have been hanging at school and he has been showing her around.

"So how was practice?" my mom asks as we get into the car.

"It was good" I respond as Fallon just sits in silence.

"That is great. I am glad you girls are liking it here"

Me and Fallon aren't telling my parents the truth of how things are going at school, especially with the team. They had to deal with so much to get us here that we don't want to make them stressed or worried.

"Hey mom, I was meaning to ask you. Can me and Fallon go to a party tomorrow? Everyone is going and a classmate invited me. She said it would be a great chance for me and Fallon to meet more people" I ask.

"Oh I don't know sweetie me and your dad are going to be really busy tomorrow. I'm not sure I will be able to take you"

"Well the friend that invited me actually offered to pick us up and bring us back" I say hoping she will say yes.

"If I meet them before you guys leave then yes you both can go. But you have to be back by midnight and no later"

"Yes of course. I will text her. Thanks mom"

I text Collins that my mom said yes.

Since finding out that she is into girls I have not been able to stop thinking about her. I mean even before she caught my attention, but I thought it was going to be just a straight girl crush.