chapter 27 - just for her

Riven POV

It is not fun having similar seasons with Collins. We are both so tired from practice and homework. But I love that she comes to every one of my games, even the away ones. And her parents come to my home games. They are getting close with my parents, which I love. I am so happy that our families get along so well.

I am also really happy that Fallon and Kian are officially together now. They are so adorable.

I am not excited about semester finals though.

"My brain feels like it is melting on the inside" Nico says as we are all studying at the library.

"I can not wait for finals to be over. I don't think I can read one more thing about ionic bonding" Levi says, laying his face to the table.

"One more week and we will be free and on break" Simon says.

"We should do something after finals" Saylor says.

"Like what?" I ask.

"How about we go to yours and just hang? None of us have been over yours except Collins" Levi suggests.

"Um, I don't know" I shyly respond.

I never thought that they would want to come over to my house considering how simple it is compared to all of theirs. I know they don't care that I'm not rich and they would never judge me for it, but I still feel a bit embarrassed.

"Yeah we are all curious to see where you live" Saylor says.

"My house isn't anything exciting. It is very simple. Nothing like your guys'"

"It doesn't matter to us, but it is all good if you don't want us to go" Nico says.

"Yeah we can just come over to mine" Collins says.

"Um, no you guys can come over. I'll just have to ask my mom first" I smile.

After school I talk to my mom and ask her if my friends can come over after finals to hangout. She said yes and actually suggested having a barbecue. My dad loves to use his grill and show off his cooking skills any time he has a chance.

Hopefully our barbecue isn't too casual for them. I know their typical choice of cooked meat is a $100 piece of steak.

.............

It is the last day of finals. The past three days have been exhausting. I had finals, practice, and games this week. Luckily there are no games today and coach gave us the day off to enjoy our break a day early.

"That was brutal" Levi says as he and Saylor meet up with me and Collins in the courtyard.

"I told you that you should've studied more" Saylor says.

"I tried but I kept falling asleep" he says making us all laugh.

"Oh I nailed that shit" Nico says with excitement as he came to us. "I think I aced it"

"That's great" I reply.

"I'm so happy finals are over" Collins says.

"How did you guys do on your AP Bio final?" Saylor asks. Me and Collins look at each other before answering.

"Bad" we say in unison.

"Yeah hopefully Mrs. Erikson grades it on a curve because I can not fail this class" Collins replies.

We all walk to the parking lot. Levi, Saylor, and I are going with Collins. Nico is driving with Simon. Fallon and Kian have already left for ours. They finished their finals before all of us.