chapter 23 - confetti

Collins POV

"Alright so everyone is going to the game tomorrow, right?"

"Collins for the tenth time, yes, we will be there and before you say anything we already know, Be here at 6 sharp" Saylor says a bit annoyed.

"Dude we would not miss this. Riven is also our girl too" Levi smiles.

Tomorrow is Riven's season opener. She has been working so hard for the past three months for this. We have been officially together for a month and a half now and it has been the best. I want to make sure she feels supported at her first game. Her and Fallon are both starting.

"Sorry I just want her to have a good game"

"She will, don't worry she's really good" Levi replies. Him and Riven sometimes practice together when they both want to work on something.

You would think that I knew more about soccer since Levi has played it for years, but he doesn't play for Blackview. He only plays for his club team. His coach doesn't want him to get hurt during the off season. Levi is also weird about us going to go see him play so we never do, no matter how much we try to go.

Luckily Riven is with her team during lunch practicing a bit for tomorrow's game. Her teammates finally gave her and Fallon a chance once they realized how good and nice they are. They have actually become friends with some of them.

All day I have been making sure that Riven had no clue about what we had planned. It was pretty hard though considering we tell each other basically everything.

I made it through the day without ruining the surprise, thankfully. Unlike everyone else I was not going to be wearing the same as them. Riven gave me her away jersey for me to wear to the game. I love that I have her name on my back. I also love wearing her clothes. I want everyone to know I am hers and she is mine.

I have on a black jersey, jeans, and my high-top black and white vans. I curled my hair for beach waves and put my makeup on. I am not someone who usually wears makeup but today is a special day. Either way I still have a very simple look.

As I get to the game, I see Mr. and Mrs. Dagger, they are actually sitting with my parents in the bleachers. My parents are so excited to be at Riven's game. It makes me feel so happy how much they like her.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Dagger!" I say as I hug them hello. "Hi mom, hi dad"

"Hi Collins!" Mr. and Mrs. Dagger reply.

"Hi sweetie!" my parents say to me.

"I am so excited to see Riven play. And I see you got your shirts" I smile.

"Yes, we did. They are so cute. I can't believe you got all your friends to wear these and that Kian also got some for Fallon too" Mr. Dagger smiles.

"Of course! We wanted to make this a special day for Riven and Fallon. We want to show them how much we love them and that they are supported"

"You all are really sweet. We are so happy that they met you all" Mr. Dagger smiles.

"We are happy that they came and are part of our family now. But I have to go make sure everything is all good. I will see you guys after the game" I say before leaving to my friends.

Levi and Saylor made sure to get a section of the bleachers that was in the front so that Riven and Fallon could see us. Also so we all could sit together. There are quite a lot of us.

"What are those?" I ask Simon as he has a bag of something.

"They are confetti blasters!"

"You bought confetti blasters?" I laugh.